Post Doctoral Fellowship-RA, and Project position at IIT Patna, Total 5 Post
Designation/Position- Post Doctoral Fellowship-RA
Indian Institute of Technology Patna invites application for Post Doctoral Fellowship-RA from candidates.
About- Indian Institute of Technology Patna is one of the new IITs established by an Act of the Indian Parliament on August 06, 2008. Post Doctoral Fellowship
Patna which was known as Patliputra has been a center of knowledge since long has been attracting visitors and scholars from many parts of the world such as China, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Sri Lanka, among others. This has been a land of visionaries. Some of the legends from this region include Lord Gautam Buddha, Lord Mahavir, Guru Gobind Singh, the famous astronomer Aryabhatta, and the first President of India, Dr. Rajendra Prasad.
IIT Patna has ten departments: These are Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical, and Biochemical Engineering, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, and Humanities & Social Science departments.
Research/Job Area- Physics/Materials Science/Electronics/Electricals/Mechatronics/Mechanical/Design
Location- Indian Institute of Technology Patna, Bihar
(i) RA-I: Ph.D.(Physics/Materials Science) or M. Tech (Electronics/Electricals/Mechatronics) with 3 years experience in an area desirable for the project need to be evidenced through Patent/Research paper publications/Product design and development. Candidates with experience little less than 3 years may also be considered in case of exceptionally bright performance established through patent/product development relevant to the project.
(ii) SRF: M.Sc. (Physics/Material Science) or B. Tech (Electronics/Electricals/Mechanical/Design) experience having at least 2 years proven research experience evidenced through Patent/Research paper publication/Product Design/Industry Experience.
(iii) JRF: M. Sc. (Physics/Materials Science) or B.Tech. ((Electronics/Electricals/Design) with GATE/NET
(iv) Project Associate/Assistant: M.Sc. (Physics/Materials) or B. Tech. (Electronics/Materials/Mechatronics)
- The upper age limit for applying for the RA, SRF/JRF, and Project Associate/Assistant position shall be as per DST norms.
- Relaxation inexperience and age is permissible only for suitable candidates with higher qualifications.
- Candidates with relevant work and/or research experience in the field of Materials/Energy Storage/Electronic Circuit Design and Testing will be given preference.
ADVERTISEMENT NO : R&D/473/DST/173
Applications are invited in the prescribed format only for the temporary assignment in a purely time-bound research project undertaken in this institute.
This project is highly specialized, time-bound, and target orientated. So, the qualification and experience given in this advertisement is at the minimum requirement and does not guarantee an interview call if candidates with higher qualification and/or experience desirable and commensurate with project objectives are available.
1. (a) Name of the temporary assignment : (i) RA-I, (ii) SRF/JRF (iii) Project Associate/Assistant
(b) Number of Post : (i) 02, (ii) 02 and (iii) 01
(c) Duration of the Post: 3years
2. Name of the temporary research project: Technology Development for High Energy Density Rechargeable Lithium Battery Materials for Device Applications
3. Name of the Sponsoring Agency: Department of Science & Technology (DST, New Delhi)
4. Consolidated Fellowship/Salary per month:
(i) RA-I @ Rs.47000/- + HRA (as admissible under GoI rules)
(ii) JRF @Rs.31000/- + HRA (as admissible under GoI rules)
(iii) SRF @Rs.35000/- + HRA (as admissible under GoI rules)
(iv) Project Associate/Assistant@Rs.22000/- (Consolidated)
How to Apply-
The interested candidates’ meeting qualifications and relevant experience are encouraged to apply in the proper format enclosed with this advertisement. The deadline for submission of the application is 29/09/2020 (within 21 days of the date of the advertisement).
Duly signed application(s) may be submitted via e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org or in hard copy on the address; Dr. A. K Thakur, Room No 216, Block 4, Department of Physics, IIT Patna, Bihta – 801106, PATNA.
Candidates desirous of applying for two different positions should submit applications separately for each position latest by 5:00 PM on 29/09/2020.
- On scrutiny of all applications received on or before the deadline.
- Only suitable candidates having qualifications and experience relevant to the project requirement would be called for personal interaction/ interview through ONLINE mode.
- Details would be provided through the interview letter.