BHAVAN Fellowships – 2019 for Internship in US institution/ laboratory
Designation/Position- BHAVAN Fellowships – 2019
Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) invites application for BHAVAN Fellowships – 2019 from eligible and interested candidates
About- Recognizing that climate change, clean and efficient energy and environmental protection are among the biggest challenges facing India and the United States and to address the need for human resource development and capacity building in the frontier area of Building Energy Efficiency; the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India and the Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) have developed a dynamic visitation program between Indian and US institutions and premier US Universities. The Building Energy Efficiency Higher & Advanced Network (BHAVAN) Fellowships are envisaged to create a sustainable and vibrant linkage between the two nations, as well as build long term Indo-American science and technology relationships. BHAVAN Fellowships – 2019 for Internship in US institution/ laboratory
Research/Job Area- Engineering/science/technology/architecture
Location- The applicant should have a letter of acceptance from a reputed U.S. scientific/technological institution/ laboratory where he/she would undertake the research work under the Fellowship/Internship.
For Student Internships
Indian citizens currently pursuing a Ph.D. or M. Tech.* in the field of Building Energy Efficiency or in engineering/science/technology/architecture with a major area of research related to Building Energy Efficiency at a recognized institution of higher education and learning in India;
Age: Up to 32 years as on 31 December 2018
*At the time of application, students must have at least two semester of study left to be completed of the program that they are currently enrolled in. Subsequently, at the time of availing the internship, students must have at least one semester of study left to be completed of the program that they are currently enrolled in.
Indian citizens having Ph.D./M.Tech./M.Arch. in Science, Engineering or Technology in the specific area of Building Energy Efficiency.
Applicants must be able of doing independent research work and have published in internationally recognized academic journals
Open to applicants working in the field of Building Energy Efficiency
Age: Up to 40 years as on 31 December 2018
Employment: A regular position in a public-funded R&D Laboratory/S&T institution/ recognized academic institute (University/College) in India.
How to Apply- Applications should be submitted using ourOnline Application Portal for Visitation Programs. Hand written application forms and jpeg images of supporting documents will not be acceptable. Kindly note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applications in subject-fields other than Building Energy Efficiency will not be considered.
- The applicants parent institute has to protect the interests of the applicant selected for Internship/Fellowship w.r.t. his/her service, if any, and IUSSTF will not bear any expenses towards leave salary, Provident fund contribution, pensionary benefits, etc., for the period of stay in the United States.
The Program is envisaged to:
- Provide opportunity to best and brightest Indian students and scientists to gain exposure and access to world class research facilities in US academia and labs;
- Promote research and capacity building in the frontline area of Building Energy Efficiency;
- Encourage and motivate outstanding students to take up research as a career path; and
- Pave way for the next generation scientists and technologists from India to interact with American peers, thus helping to build long-term R&D linkages and collaborations.
- Internship: Minimum 3 months and up to 6 months
- Fellowships: Minimum 3 months and up to 12 months
For Contact- Dr. Nishritha Bopana
Last Date for Apply– Open Position