EMBO Long-Term Fellowships by European Research Organisation
Designation/Position- EMBO Long-Term Fellowships
European Molecular Biology Organisation (EMBO) invites application for EMBO Long-Term Fellowships from eligible and interested candidates
About- The EMBO Long-Term Fellowships are awarded for a period of up to two years and support post-doctoral research visits to laboratories throughout Europe and the world. International exchange is a key feature in the application process. EMBO Long-Term Fellowships
Research/Job Area- Various research area
- Applicants must hold a doctorate degree or equivalent at the start of the fellowship.
- Applicants who already hold a PhD degree at the time of application are eligible to apply only if they obtained their PhD degree during the two years prior to the date the application is complete.
- Applicants must have at least one first author publication accepted in or published in an international peer reviewed journal at the time of application.
- All applications must involve movement between countries (detailed information about mobility requirements is listed in guidelines).
- Applications to go to the country in which the PhD was obtained will not be considered.
- Applications to return to a laboratory where the candidate has worked in the past for more than six months, either in one or in several visits will not be considered.
- Applications for a Long-Term Fellowship to be held in the laboratory, institute or department in which the candidate worked to obtain his or her PhD, or to work again with the candidate’s supervisor, no matter where the latter is located, will not be considered.
- Candidates who have already started working in the host laboratory can apply only if they have been working in the host laboratory for less than six months at the time the application is complete.
- Candidates can only submit one application for one project at one host laboratory at each round of selection.
- Reapplication is permissible only once.
For detailed eligibility criteria applicants should read the Long-Term Fellowships guidelines.
Job/Position Description- Fellowships may be awarded for a period of up to 24 months but the Fellowship Committee may also award a shorter period than requested.
Please note: The minimum fellowship duration that can be requested is 12 months.
Fellowships must be started within one calendar year from the relevant evaluation deadline.
The stipend is a subsistence allowance and is intended to cover the cost of living in the host country. The stipend rate depends on the country being visited and might be subject to taxation. We cannot advise on respective national tax regulations and we recommend fellows to contact the relevant authorities in the host country.
How to Apply- Applications and supporting documentation (two references, receiving institute acceptance) are only accepted via the online application system.
No application can be completed without all the information required, including the two reference letters and the acceptance letter from the receiving institute.
Last Date for Apply– There are NO APPLICATION DEADLINES for EMBO Long-Term Fellowships.
NOTICE: While applications are accepted throughout the year, there are two evaluation periods every year. The evaluation committee meets in May and November. Any complete applications received by second Friday of February, 2 pm CET will be evaluated in their spring meeting, with interviews conducted in April. Applications received by second Friday of August, 2 pm CEST, will be evaluated in their autumn meeting, with interviews in October. Outcomes will be announced in June and December.