Designation/Position- Emmy Noether Fellowship
Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, Germany invites application for Emmy Noether Fellowship from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Emmy Noether Programme gives exceptionally qualified early career researchers the chance to qualify for the post of professor at a university by leading an independent junior research group for a period of six years.
The programme is open to postdocs and junior professors with temporary contracts who are at an early stage in their research careers.
The DFG would like to point out that during the review process, individual proposals must speak for themselves. Reference letters from third parties are not encouraged and, to ensure the equal treatment of all applicants, are not forwarded to reviewers or decision-making committees.
Research/Job Area- All disciplines
Location- Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, Germany
Eligibility/Qualification– Early career researchers in all disciplines, normally up to 4 years after completion of the doctorate
- Normally at least two years of postdoctoral experience
- Substantial international research experience
- Applicants from abroad are expected to continue their research careers in Germany after the funding comes to an end.
A written letter of intent must be attached to the proposal.
- The programme is not open to those who have already satisfied the requirements for a professorship, in particular those who have completed or
are about to embark on the habilitation process, as in these cases the objective has already been achieved.
- An individual is not eligible if they are in receipt of a type of funding similar to the ENP for an independent (junior) research group from a national research institution or an international institution located in Germany.
Job/Position Description- To give outstanding researchers the opportunity to satisfy the prerequisites for appointment as a university professor by leading an independent junior research group and performing relevant teaching duties
To attract outstanding early career researchers (back) to Germany from abroad
How to Apply- Assessed on the basis of previous research work, ambitious publications in internationally respected journals or a comparable format
For Contact- The department responsible for the relevant specialist area at the DFG Head Office will be happy to answer your questions about submitting a proposal.
For questions about the eligibility requirements, please contact
- Anita Benner
- Birgit Gemein
- Marco Steffes
Last Date for Apply– No fixed deadlines