Herchel Smith Postdoctoral Fellowships in University of Cambridge, UK
Designation/Position- Herchel Smith Postdoctoral Fellowships
University of Cambridge, England invites application for Herchel Smith Postdoctoral Fellowships from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Managers of the Herchel Smith Postdoctoral Research Fellowships Fund invite applications for full-time Fellowships in Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, and Pure Mathematics at the University of Cambridge from 1 October 2020 or otherwise by negotiation. Fellows are required to pursue their research on a full-time basis in Cambridge and funding is available for three years.
Research/Job Area- Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, and Pure Mathematics, Biophysics and Geophysics: Earth Sciences, Physics, and DAMTP, Chemistry, Pure Maths, and Mathematical Statistics
Location- University of Cambridge, England
- In accordance with Dr. Smith’s will, the candidature is limited to candidates who have obtained their Ph.D. degree, or equivalent, within the last three years at any university but normally excluding Cambridge and Harvard.
- Fellowships can only be offered to those with less than three years of postdoctoral experience by the time the Fellowship is taken up.
- In addition to holding a Ph.D. or equivalent, candidates should provide evidence of outstanding academic excellence; high quality and original research proposal; and evidence of their capabilities as independent researchers.
- Contingent upon the availability of funds, up to eight Herchel Smith Postdoctoral Fellowships will be awarded in 2020/21.
- Four in the Biological Sciences, three in the Physical Sciences, and one in Pure Mathematics.
- The stipend will be on the University’s Postdoctoral Research Associate scale, currently between £32,816-£40,322 per annum, with an annual research allowance of up to £15,000 (£13,000 in Pure Mathematics).
How to Apply-
Applications for 2021/22 are invited by the relevant department/school individually, by advertisement on the University job portal (www.jobs.cam.ac.uk), and must be submitted online.
For Contact- email@example.com
Last Date for Apply– 31 December 2020
- Biological Sciences: deadline on 31 December 2020 (https://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/27263/)
- Biophysics and Geophysics: Earth Sciences, Physics, and DAMTP: deadline on 31 December 2020 (https://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/27241/)
- Chemistry: deadline on 25 November 2020 (https://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/27323/)
- Pure Maths and Mathematical Statistics: deadline on 31 December 2020 (http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/27755/)