IIT Recruitment 2021 – Faculty Positions in IIT Roorkee, Uttarakhand
Designation/Position- IIT Recruitment 2021
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India invites application for IIT Recruitment 2021 from eligible and interested candidates
About- Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee invites applications from Indian Nationals (foreign nationals can be appointed on renewable contracts of five years) with an outstanding track record for faculty positions at the levels of Professor, Associate Professor, and Assistant Professor in the various Departments/Centres.
- 1. Architecture & Planning
- 2. Applied Science and Engineering
- 3. Biotechnology
- 4. Chemical Engineering
- 5. Chemistry
- 6. Civil Engineering
- 7. Computer Science & Engineering
- 8. Earthquake Engineering
- 9. Earth Sciences
- 10.Electrical Engineering
- 11.Electronics & Communication Engineering
- 12.Humanities & Social Sciences
- 14.Hydro & Renewable Energy
- 15.Management Studies
- 17.Mechanical & Industrial Engineering
- 18.Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- 19.Paper Technology
- 20.Polymer & Process Engineering
- 22.Water Resources Development & Management
- 23. Centre of Excellence in Disaster Mitigation & Management
- 24. Centre of Nanotechnology
- 25. Centre for Transportation systems
Location- Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India
Professor: Ph.D with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in an appropriate branch, with a very good academic record throughout and a minimum of 10 years experience of which at least 4 years’ should be at the level of Associate Professor in IITs, IISc Bangalore, IIMs, NITIE Mumbai and IISERs or at an equivalent level in any other Indian or foreign institution of comparable standard. Qualifications & Experience:
2. Associate Professor: Ph.D with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in an appropriate branch, with a very good academic record throughout and a minimum of 6 years experience, of which at least three years should be at the level of Assistant Professor.
3. Assistant Professor Grade-I: Ph.D. with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout and a minimum of 3 years industrial/research/teaching experience, excluding the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D.
4. Assistant Professor Grade-II: Ph.D. with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout.
Specific Note: Broad research areas, essential qualifications and other details for Centre of Excellence in Disaster Mitigation & Management, Centre of Nanotechnology and Centre for Transportation Systems are available at: https://www.iitr.ac.in/administration/uploads/File/recruitment/2019/Qualifications.pdf
Advt. No. IITR/Establishment/2021/01
Designations and pay structures are as follows:
- (i) Professor: Academic Level 14A of Pay Matrix (Rs.1,59,100 – 2,20,200)
- (ii) Associate Professor: Academic Level 13A2 of Pay Matrix (Rs. 1,39,600 – 2,11,300)
- (iii) Assistant Professor Grade-I: Academic Pay Level-12 (Rs.1,01,500 – 1,67,400).
- (iv) Assistant Professor Grade-II: Academic Pay Level-10 (Rs. 57,700 – 98,200) The minimum starting pay to be fixed in Academic Pay Level-10 at Cell No.16 Rs. 89,800
Applicants called for interview will be reimbursed to and fro travel expenses within India, limited to Economy Class Air Fare (by Air India), and accommodation will be provided in one of the guest houses of the Institute.
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidate can apply online.
For Contact- email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Date for Apply– 31 March 2021
- Last date for applying for Professor and Associate Professor positions is midnight of March 31, 2021.
- There is no last date for applying for Assistant Professor positions.
- Thus, applications for Assistant Professor positions are welcome throughout the year.