India Science and Research Fellowship by DST, India
Designation/Position- Science and Research Fellowship
Department of Science and Technology (DST) , India invites application for India Science and Research Fellowship position from eligible and interested candidates
About- The dynamics of the 21st century knowledge economy is being progressively driven by scientific and technological capabilities of a nation. The economic growth, prosperity and
development of a country is increasingly being determined by its S&T competence and strength rather than its material and resource base. Recognizing that S&T is an important
instrument in the growth paradigm, both developed and developing countries have evolved S&T policies to augment and strengthen their research infrastructure and technology intensity. India over the years has evolved a policy and program framework aimed at strengthening research and education infrastructure, building excellence and capacity in science for fostering knowledge creation and promoting innovation. India with its long culture and tradition in science has positioned itself as one of the leading countries in basic research supported through a vast network of apex R&D institutions.
India is keen to enter into partnerships with its neighbouring countries to foster closer
scientific and technological collaboration through human capacity building in advanced
areas of research and development. The India Science and Research Fellowship (ISRF)
aims at providing opportunities to researchers and scientists from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Thailand to undertake R&D at premier research and academic institutions in India.
Research/Job Area- Science, Engineering and Medicine
Location- Department of Science and Technology, India Science and Research Fellowship
- Applicant should be a citizen/permanent resident of the Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Thailand.
- The applicant should be actively engaged in research at a University or research institution in their country in various areas of science and technology including engineering and medical sciences.
- Minimum Qualifications: Ph.D /M.Tech /M.Sc /MBBS with 3-5 years research or teaching experience. Applicants registered for a Ph.D degree in home country may also apply.
- Must be below 45 years of age (as on 31st December 2018)
- The applicant should posses a valid passport
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India
Job/Position Description- India Science and Research Fellowship is to provide opportunity to scientists and researchers from neighbouring countries namely Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Thailand to work in contemporary research areas across all major disciplines of science and technology including engineering and medical sciences at premier research laboratories and academic institutions in India.
Up to 80 fellowships (10 per country) will be awarded annually under this scheme. The
fellowship applications will be considered once a year by a Selection Committee.
Enable to undertake cutting edge research work in India
Open to faculty, scientists and researchers in science, engineering and medicine
Monthly sustenance allowance and one time contingency grant
TYPE AND DURATION OF FELLOWSHIP OFFERED:
Visiting Fellowship: for durations between 3 to 6 months
Rs. 50,000/- per month which includes accommodation and medical facilities as available to host institutes.
Contingency grant to Fellow Scientist:
Rs. 10,000/- as one time contingency grant.
Contingency research grant for host scientist (through institution):
Rs. 20,000/- as one time grant
Round trip air ticket by economy class from the place of employment in their own country to the Indian host institute, through shortest route. Local transport by Road / rail between the nearest airport and the host institute in India.
Will be reimbursed
How to Apply-
- Researchers/scientists actively engaged in research at a university or research institution meeting the eligibility criteria should apply using prescribed format (can be downloaded from the websites www.ccstds.tn.nic.in; www.dst.gov.in) to respective implementing agency in partner country (if available) or CCSTDS, Chennai.
- If the respective implementing agency in partner country is not available, Applications may be submitted as hard copy or scan copy with supporting documents (please see application form) to CCSTDS.
For Contact- India Science and Research Fellowship
Dr. Sulakshana Jain
Scientist, International Division
Department of Science & Technology(DST)
Technology Bhawan, New Mehrauli Road New Delhi – 110016
Prof. N. Sathyamurthy
Honorary Director Centre for Co-operation in Science & Technology among Developing Societies (CCSTDS) No: 2, Gandhi Mandapam Road Chennai – 600025, INDIA Email: [email protected]; [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– 31 January 2019