Designation/Position- Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor
Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), Kolkata, India invites application for faculty position from eligible and interested candidates
About- Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), a unique institution devoted to the research, teaching and application of statistics, natural sciences and social sciences. Founded by Professor P.C. Mahalanobis in Kolkata on 17th December, 1931, the institute gained the status of an Institution of National Importance by an act of the Indian Parliament in 1959.
The Headquarters of ISI is located in the northern fringe of the metropolis of Kolkata. Additionally, there are four centres located in Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai and Tezpur. Research in Statistics and related disciplines is the primary activity of the Institute. Teaching activities are undertaken mainly in Kolkata, Delhi and Bangalore. Offices of the Institute located in several other cities in India are primarily engaged in projects and consultancy in Statistical Quality Control and Operations Research’.
• Applied Statistics Division
• Biological Sciences Division
• Computer and Communication Sciences Division
• Physics and Earth Sciences Division
• Social Sciences Division
• Statistical Quality Control and Operations Research Division
• Theoretical Statistics and Mathematics Division
Location- Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), Kolkata
Job/Position Description- The Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) invites applications from exceptionally bright and motivated individuals with an established record of high quality research and development, and a strong commitment to teaching for positions of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor in its various research divisions. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and foreign nationals are also eligible to apply. Duties include undergraduate and post-graduate teaching, independent research, research supervision, departmental activities and institutional activities.
This is a rolling advertisement. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply for the positions throughout the year. The recruitment committee(s) will meet regularly subject to the number of vacancies to consider the applications and arrange for seminars and/or interviews as the need arises.
• An application for being considered for the advertised position(s) can be made in the
prescribed form which is available at the end of this advertisement.
• Foreign Nationals who are “Persons of Indian Origin” (PIO) or Overseas Citizens of India
(OCI) can also apply. For other Foreign Nationals, if selected, an appointment will be on a contract basis for up to 5 years subject to permission from the Govt. of India before he/she can join the Institute. Extension beyond 5 years will be subject to a review process and also the approval of the ISI Council.
• The Institute reserves the right to screen and call only such candidates for a seminar and/or interview as are found suitable according to the current needs of the Institute. Thus, fulfilling the minimum eligibility criteria would not entitle one to be called for interview.
• Travel expenses for attending the interview/seminar presentation from any point within
India will be reimbursed as per the Institute norms.
• The candidate is responsible for the correctness of the information provided in the
application. If at a later date it is found that any information given in the application is
incorrect or false, the candidature/appointment is liable to be cancelled/terminated.
• Candidates are encouraged to contact the Professor-in-Charge of their preferred division/s for additional information.
How to Apply- Interested candidates can apply to up to three Divisions of their choice, and can list these Division(s) in order of their preference in the application form depending on their research interests. The Division(s) selected by the applicant will assist in evaluating the application form.
This assignment will be done in consultation with the Professor-in-Charge of the concerned
Division(s). ISI is a multi-locational Institute, and the candidate can also list his/her preferences for locations in the application.
Candidates must apply with a forwarding letter referring to the advertisement No. and its date, on the writable PDF form which is available at the end of this advertisement. The following documents are required (in PDF format) along with the application form.
1. Curriculum Vitae with a list of all publications
2. Reprints of up to 5 important publications
3. Proposed research plan with estimated budget.
4. Proposed teaching plan at the undergraduate and post-graduate levels
5. Caste and/or Disability Certificate from the competent authority, as applicable
6. Any other relevant information the applicant may wish to furnish
The filled-out PDF form must be saved as a PDF file, and a single PDF file needs to be made along with the required documents. This single PDF file must be emailed to:
1. The Director, Indian Statistical Institute at the email address: [email protected]
2. The Professors-in-Charge of the preferred Division(s)
For Contact- For any further information related to this advertisement, please contact the Professor-in-Chargeof the respective Division or at the following email address:
Email: [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– Rolling advertisement