Inlaks PhD Scholarships for Top American, European and UK institutions
Designation/Position- Inlaks PhD Scholarships – 2019
INLAKS SHIVDASANI FOUNDATION, India invites application for Inlaks PhD Scholarships – 2019 from eligible and interested candidates
About-Inlaks Scholarships provide the opportunity to young people with exceptional talent in any field to broaden their vision abroad and improve their skills to operate in society, thus making them a future vehicle of change in their environment. The scholarships are of two types: university courses and specific programmes. Inlaks PhD Scholarships
Scholarships for research, training or professional improvement to be carried out abroad either independently, or attached to a leading institution, and not leading to a degree.
Candidates are expected to provide full details of their proposed programs, including time and travelling plans, a full breakdown of costs, and evidence of agreement with such institutions, if required.
Location- Top American, European and UK institutions
- Scholarships are open to all Indian citizens who are resident in India at the time of application.
- Candidates are normally expected to hold a good first degree from a recognized university in India.
- Indian citizens who hold a good undergraduate degree from a recognized university outside India, must have resided continuously and been employed or been studying in India, for at least two years, after their under-graduation. People having a postgraduate degree (e.g. Master’s or PhD) from a university outside India are not eligible; those who have started but not completed a postgraduate degree outside India are also ineligible.
- It is essential to have prior admission to the institution and course chosen.
- The Foundation will not consider candidates without admission or pending admission. The institutions concerned must only be top rank.
- Candidates can be a maximum of 30 years of age in the year of application. Candidates who are already studying or have started their programme abroad are not eligible.
- The award of other grants, teaching assistantships and support from other sources for the proposed programme will be regarded by the Foundation as a positive factor. The Foundation also encourages applications from young people currently employed.
Scholarships are granted at top American, European and UK institutions, for funding requirements including tuition fees.
The Foundation does not award scholarships for more than US$100,000. If the total funding required (tuition + living allowance) exceeds US$100,000, candidates must show evidence that they have the ability to cover full funding for their courses at the time of their interviews in May/June. The Foundation does not cover candidates that are not fully funded.
The Foundation has joint scholarship schemes with Imperial College, London, Royal College of Art (RCA), London, School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), London, Cambridge Trust, Cambridge and SciencesPo, Paris. In the case of candidates for these collaborating institutions, the Foundation is able to accept applications without this requirement.
The Foundation does not give scholarships in the following subjects: Engineering, Computer Science, Business Studies, Medicine, Public Health, Fashion Design, Music and Film Animation. However in the case of Imperial College, London, scholarships will be given for Engineering and Computer Science. Further we will consider Indian Studies, only if they have contemporary relevance. In the field of Music, only applications for Western Classical singing degrees will be considered.
How to Apply- The application form will be available online from the 25th February (12 noon onwards). The deadline for submissions is 15th April (23:59 IST).
It must include:
- Evidence of admission to a university or a course, and a full detail of the institute’s financial requirements.
- Candidates in architecture, fine and applied arts, and related subjects must upload their portfolio as a pdf file or share a website/online portfolio link. Candidates for Film, Dance, Acting, and Music (Western classical singing) must also upload through a link.
- Evidence of any outstanding achievements in extra-curricular activities in any field.
- Photocopy of the first and last pages of your passport.
- A clear declaration must be made of all funding received for your course. In case the offer of funding comes in after you have submitted your application, please inform us of the same by email, at the earliest.
- In case you have applied for another course, for which you are not applying to Inlaks for funding, at the same or another institution and have an offer of funding from elsewhere, you must inform us of the same even if it is not your intention to avail of that offer.
- Only one reference letter is mandatory. We prefer that your letter of recommendation be uploaded with your application. However, in the event your referee would like to send in your letter directly to us they can email it to us at [email protected]. The subject line must read as follows: Reference Letter | Name of Applicant | Email Address of Applicant. The deadline for reference letters being emailed directly is 20th April. A maximum of three recommendations will be accepted.
- Reference letters must only be sent in after the successful submission of an application. If reference letters are sent in before the successful submission of application, they will be disregarded.
Please bear in mind the following points before filling out the application form:
- Each candidate may submit only one form
- Email ID needs to be verified before submitting the application
- Mandatory fields marked with an (*) have to be filled in
- No data is saved before submitting the application
- Please ensure all information is provided before submitting. You will not be able to edit any details after the application is submitted
- Required file formats are mentioned in their respective fields. Please do ensure that the file formats are saved correctly
- After submitting the application please check your verified email for a confirmation
- Your application status will be emailed to you on your verified email ID
- If you face any issues while submitting your application, please refresh the application page and try again.
An independent Inlaks Selection Committee carries out the selection. Applications received are analyzed and evaluated, and the committee subsequently calls the most interesting candidates for interviews. All applicants must be available for interviews in India. They usually take place in Mumbai or Delhi in May or in June, in two stages: preliminaries, and for those who make it, finals. Candidates short-listed for the interviews will have to arrange for their own travel and accommodation. Candidates who do not receive any communication by the 1st of June must assume that their applications have not been successful.
For Contact- If the error persists, please do email us the error with a screenshot at, [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– 15 April 2019 (23:59 IST)