Designation/Position- Deputation of Indian Scientists Abroad Under Bilateral Exchange Programme 2019
Applications are invited for INSA exchange to visits at post doctoral level to select countries, with whom INSA has arrangement.
About- The Indian National Science Academy (INSA) is a premier scientific learned body (established in 1935) representing all branches of science –Physical and Biological Sciences including Engineering, Medicine and Agricultural Sciences. The Academy has been promoting scientific cooperation with Academies/Organisations of several countries the world over. The Academy has links with the Academies and Organisations in Asia, Europe and South America. These programmes provide opportunities to scientists working in various scientific institutions and organizations in the country for exchange of ideas, knowledge, establish new links, strengthen old links and undertake joint projects with their research partners in leading laboratories and institutions abroad. The Academy
and the particular institution/University share equally the expenditure on travel of their scientists selected by INSA visiting abroad under the Exchange Programme. INSA Exchange
The Academy has an International Exchange Programme with Academies/Organizations in the countries: China, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, Iran, Israel, Nepal, Philippines, Poland, Scotland, Slovak Republic, Republic of Slovenia, Sudan, Taiwan and Turkey.
Location- Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi
Eligibility/Qualification- Applications are invited from Indian Nationals for consideration by the Academy for the next calendar year.
- The applicant should be a scientist holding a regular position in a recognized S & T Institution/University and actively engaged in research work in frontline areas.
- He/She should not have been abroad during the last 3 years under any INSA Programme.
- The scientist should have been accepted to work in an Institute/Laboratory in the country to be visited and this should be supported by a letter of invitation from the host abroad.
- Those who wish to visit abroad for three months should submit a detailed programme of their collaborative research work to be conducted.
- All applications should be forwarded through proper channel by the employer/head of the Institute indicating their commitment on travel.
Job/Position Description- Applications are invited from outstanding scientists/ researchers holding Ph.D. degree and having regular positions in recognized S&T institutions/universities and actively engaged in research in frontline areas for deputation abroad during the Calendar year 2019 in all fields of Science including Engineering, Medicine & Agriculture for short term visits ( 2-4 weeks for senior scientists) and long term visits (3 months for junior/younger scientists) under the Scientific Bilateral Exchange Programme with overseas Academies/Organizations in China, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, Iran, Israel, Nepal, Philippines, Poland, Scotland, Slovak Republic and Republic of Slovenia, Sudan, Taiwan & Turkey.
How to Apply-
- The detailed guidelines and application form can be downloaded from download form section.
- The hard copy of application duly completed and endorsed by the Head of the Institution should be submitted latest by July 31, 2018 to Deputy Executive Director- I (Scientific), Indian National Science Academy, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi – 110002.
- The soft copy of complete application (single PDF file only) should be email to: [email protected] Please include Name, Area of Research and Proposed Country in the subject line of email.
- The soft copy filename should be saved as: Name of Applicant_Proposed Country. Incomplete applications will be rejected and no further correspondence shall be made.
For Contact- INDIAN NATIONAL SCIENCE ACADEMY
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi – 110 002
Telephone: 91-11-23221931 – 23221950 (EPABX),
Fax: 91-11- 23235648, 23231095
Last Date for Apply– 31 July 2018