The International Postdoc Initiative Fellowship 2019 – TU Berlin, Germany
Designation/Position- International Postdoc Initiative Fellowship
TU Berlin: Technische Universität Berlin, Germany invites application for International Postdoc Initiative Fellowship from eligible and interested candidates
About- The internationally renowned Technische Universität Berlin is located in Germany’s capital in the heart of Europe. With its seven faculties, 320 professors and more than 30,000 students, it is one of the largest technical universities in Germany. It strives to promote the dissemination of knowledge and to facilitate technological progress by pursuing its core principles of excellence and quality. TU Berlin has extensive regional, national and international networks with partners in science and industry. International Postdoc Initiative Fellowship
Research/Job Area- All fields of research represented at TU Berlin
Location- TU Berlin: Technische Universität Berlin, Germany
- Applicants must have completed their PhD but may have no more than ten years of research experience after obtaining their doctoral degree. An additional extension of up to three years is possible (e.g., due to care responsibilities, chronic disease).
- Researchers with diverse career paths are explicitly invited to apply for an IPODI fellowship.
- Applications from researchers with periods of international mobility, mobility within sectors or non-academic mobility are especially welcome. IPODI perceives such career “breaks” as additional qualifications with respect to social and organizational skills, and considers them within the eligibility criteria and selection process.
- Applicants may not have resided or carried out their main activity in Germany for more than 12 months in the three years prior to the call deadline (Marie Curie Mobility Rule).
- The research proposal must fit into one of the fields of research represented at TU Berlin and must be supported by a cooperating professor at TU Berlin.
• a two-year employment contract at TU Berlin with a competitive salary according to salary group E 13 of TVL, including social security and health insurance as well as pension coverage • a contribution of €10,000 to the individual research budget
• personal mentoring by an experienced researcher at TU Berlin
• excellent research conditions in one of the seven faculties at TU Berlin
• personalized training in the fields of research management, soft skills and career development
• up to two German language classes annually
• professional networking opportunities through TU Berlin’s many alliances with research institutions and industrial partners worldwide
• the numerous benefits of living in one of Europe’s most exciting and vibrant capital cities with a world-class research environment • comprehensive relocation and administrative support through the IPODI office
• TU Berlin’s family service for researchers with care responsibilities
How to Apply- The application must be submitted in complete form by the deadline announced in the call for applications.
Eligible and interested candidate can apply online.
Technische Universität Berlin IPODI Office Dr. Stefanie Schäfer Straße des 17. Juni 135 10623 Berlin Phone: +49 (0)30 314-79842
Last Date for Apply– 17 September 2019