Designation/Position- Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
About- Applications are invited from the interested and highly motivated candidates for the post of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) to work on the R&D project titled “Design and Development of Fingerprint and Face Recognition Systems for Infants and Toddlers (IATs)”, has been sanctioned by Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Dept. of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India. JRF will be appointed initially for one year (on contract) and his/her services will be extended for next year based on the performance review.
Project Title- “Design and Development of Fingerprint and Face Recognition Systems for Infants and Toddlers (IATs)”
Eligibility- M.Tech./M.E./equivalent in Electrical/ Electronics/Instrumentation Engineering with strong background on digital signal/image processing with at least 6.5 CGPA or 60 percent marks in aggregate from a recognized technical institute or university as a full time program.
Desirable Qualification for Project Associate/JRF: A strong knowledge of MATLAB and Digital Signal/Image Processing is highly desirable. Additionally knowledge in Artificial Neural Network and Pattern Recognition would be appreciated.
Job/Position Description- Objective of the Project is
- To design and develop user-friendly image acquisition systems for IATs using their fingerprint
- and face modalities
- To design and develop new robust feature extraction and matching schemes for IAT recognition using their fingerprint and face in order to improve the recognition accuracy.
- To develop the fingerprint and face biometric databases for IATs at the large.
How to Apply-
- Candidate possessing the requisite qualification and experience should apply; in the attached format along with their updated CV latest by 26th February 2018.The applicant will be responsible for the authenticity of information, other documents and photographs submitted.
- Mere, possessing the prescribed qualification does not ensure that the candidate would be called for Interview. The Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of merit and need of the project.
- Applicants in employment (private, government or any other organization) are required to submit a “No Objection Certificate” from the employer at the time of interview.
- Duly filled and signed scan copy of Application Form along with the scan copies of mark sheets/documents must be sent to Dr. Amol D. Rahulkar (PI), through e-mail, at: [email protected] with subject line “Application for JRF in the Department of EEE for DST SERB Project”.
- The Shortlisted Candidates will be informed by e-mail (apart from website) along with the date and time of the written test/interview. No other letter will be sent to the correspondence address. So, the candidates are advised to check their email regularly.
- Shortlisted candidates have to present themselves for the interview on the interview date with updated CV, application form, original and attested photocopies of mark sheets/certificates in support of their academic qualifications.
- No TA/DA shall be paid to candidates for attending the Interview and/or joining the position.
- The appointment is for time bound project and the candidate is required to work dedicatedly for the successful completion of the project. Selected candidate has to join immediately.
- Incomplete application forms and forms received after due date will be summarily rejected.
- All the Terms and Conditions for this recruitment will be as per guidelines of DST SERB, Govt. of India.
Last Date for Apply– 26 February 2018