Post-Doctoral Fellow Position in IISER Pune, Maharashtra, India
Designation/Position- Post-Doctoral Fellow Position in IISER
IISER Pune, Maharashtra, India invites application for Post-Doctoral Fellow Position in IISER from eligible and interested candidates
About- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune is a premier autonomous Institution established by the Ministry of Education, Government of India, for promotion of high-quality science education and research in the country.
nstitute invites applications from Indian nationals for the following post purely on temporary and contractual basis.
Research/Job Area- Physics/relevant fields
Location- IISER Pune, Maharashtra, India
|Minimum Educational & Qualifications Experience||Ph.D. in Physics / relevant fields |
Candidates who have submitted / will be submitting thesis latest by June 30, 2021, may also apply
|Preference||Candidates having 0-5 years of research experience after Ph.D. degree in relevant fields will be preferred.|
|Age||PDF: Not more than 35 years as on last date of application |
SRF: Not more than 32 years as on last date of application
Advt. No. 30/2021/IISER-P/Rect./11.05.2021
|Name of the Post||Post-Doctoral Fellow (PDF)|
|No. of posts||4 (Four)|
|Department||Physics (Theory and Experiment)|
|Tenure of the appointment||Initially for a period of one year, extendable for further period subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbent and availability of funds|
|Consolidated emoluments||PDF: Rs. 50,000/- per month Candidates who have submitted their thesis but not completed defense (i.e. candidates without a provisional certificate of having qualified for the degree), will be designated as Senior Research Fellow (SRF) and paid Rs. 35,000/- till the time of submission of Provisional Ph.D. certificate.|
The appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation.
How to Apply-
Candidates should send the application by email in the prescribed application form available below this advertisement by email (convert into PDF Format) to email@example.com on or before June 15, 2021 along with the following documents:
- A covering letter that mentions the broad area (Astrophysics and cosmology, Condensed matter physics, High energy physics and gravity, Statistical and nonlinear physics, Quantum information, Atomic, molecular and optical physics, Soft and living matter) and faculty with whom you would like to work. The complete departmental faculty list, with details of their research, may be found at http://www.iiserpune.ac.in/research/physics
- A detailed academic CV including a complete list of publications.
- The candidate should arrange two letters of recommendation to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A short research proposal not exceeding 2-3 pages (excluding bibliography and figures) including the origin and significance of the problem, the objectives and research methodology.
NOTE: Proposals developed in consultation with the faculty members (s) of interest will be given preference.
- The candidate should have submitted thesis by June 30, 2021. An intimation of the same with relevant proof should be sent to the above email ID on or before June 30, 2021.
Please mention “Application for the post of “Post-Doctoral Fellow (Physics)” in the subject line of your email.
Note: A recent passport size photograph and photocopies of relevant certificates and other testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience etc. will be collected and verified (with originals) at an appropriate stage.