Postdoc-Programme : Young Independent Researcher Groups in Austria
FWF Austrian Science Fund, Austria invites application for Postdoc-Programme Position from eligible and interested candidates
About- The purpose of the FWF is to support the ongoing development of Austrian science and basic research at a high international level. In this way, the FWF makes a significant contribution to cultural development, to the advancement of our knowledge-based society, and thus to the creation of value and wealth in Austria. Postdoc-Programme
Research/Job Area- Science, humanities and social and cultural sciences
Location- FWF Austrian Science Fund, Austria
- An outstanding international team of young researchers (postdocs from Austria and abroad min. 1 year to max. 5 years after the doctorate)1 in all scientific disciplines2, especially in the humanities and social and cultural sciences, form a Young Independent Researcher Group at Austrian research institutions.
- One researcher acts as the coordinator for the Young Independent Researcher Group; each researcher may take part in only one proposal for a Young Independent Researcher Group.
- There is no limit on the number of proposals that can be submitted by a research institution. Each research institution can thus submit several proposals or participate in several proposals.
- If there are any questions regarding the connection to a suitable research institution, potential applicants can contact members of the Executive Board of the FWF or the Austrian Academy of Sciences personally and seek the relevant advice.
Length of funding- Maximum 4 years
- Promotion of young postdocs (min. 1 year to max. 5 years after doctorate).
- Medium-term research cooperation (4 years) on a complex, current topic in mixed teams of at least 3 to max. 5 researchers3.
- Research cooperation should be interdisciplinary and cross-disciplinary on innovative subjects.
- The research question is to be deepened or newly consolidated at at least two research institutions or two organisational units4 of a research institution.
How to Apply- The application must be submitted on the basis of the new guidelines by 30 July 2019 at the latest. From March 2019 the registration for the Proposers’ Day on 12 April 2019 is possible (Calendar).
The proposal must be prepared as described in the guidelines, coordinated with the applicant or the participating research institution(s) and submitted by the applicant research institution:
Last Date for Apply– 30 July 2019