Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Fellowship
CSIRO – the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation, Australia offers postdoctoral fellowship position in Nanofabrication for candidates having A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as chemistry of nanomaterials.
About- At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
Research/Job area– Chemistry of nanomaterials
Location- CSIRO – the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation, Australia
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as chemistry of nanomaterials. Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years of relevant postdoctoral experience.
- Demonstrated experience in electrophoretic deposition.
- Demonstrated experience in the controlled deposition of materials on the nanoscale.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, plus the motivation and discipline to carry out autonomous research.
- A record of science innovation and creativity, plus the ability & willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific investigations.
Job/Position Description- Postdoctoral Fellows are appointed for up to three years and will work closely with a leading Research Scientist or Engineer in their respective field. They carry out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO with the possibility of novel and important scientific outcomes. They present the findings in appropriate publications and at conferences.
CSIRO Manufacturing is seeking a postdoctoral fellow to work on a highly interdisciplinary research project lying at the intersection of nanofabrication, deposition of nanomaterials, and materials screening. As part of the Nanomaterials and Devices Team, the Postdoctoral Fellow will develop an electrocoating apparatus that can be applied to the highly controlled deposition of nanomaterials, such as quantum dots, with the objective of integrating these materials into LEDs. The Postdoctoral Fellow will work closely with the members of the ARC CoE in Exciton Science and the Melbourne Centre for Nanofabrication.
Salary: $80k to $91k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of up to 3 years
Your duties will include:
- Design and build an electrocoating apparatus to perform electrophoretic/dielectrophoretic experiments.
- Develop a predictive model for the deposition of any given nanomaterial through a coordinated effort with our collaborators.
- Master nanofabrication tools to imprint resists on electrodes, with a focus on scalability and chemical compatibility.
- Integrate arrays of single quantum dots into LED architectures.
- Undertaking regular reviews of relevant literature and patents.
How to Apply- Please provide enough information relevant to the selection criteria for this position to enable the assessment panel to determine your suitability, and upload one document containing your CV/resume and cover letter.