Postdoctoral Research Fellow Position in Australia, Macquarie University
Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Research Fellow Position in Australia
Macquarie University, Australia invites application for Postdoctoral Research Fellow Position in Australia from eligible and interested candidates
About- The MQ Department of Physics and Astronomy has three main research areas: Photonics including Biophotonics, Astronomy and Astrophysics, and Quantum Physics. In the Australian Government’s Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) initiative, Quantum Physics research at Macquarie received a perfect ranking of 5 in all rounds to date. Macquarie University also hosts a node of the ARC Centre of Excellence for Engineered Quantum Systems. In terms of staff numbers, research outputs and postgraduate student numbers the Department has undergone rapid expansion over the last 10 years. It provides a nurturing and stimulating environment for early career researchers, with excellent facilities, regular seminars and colloquia, and internationally recognised researchers and supervisors.
Research/Job Area- Physics, Engineering or a relevant discipline
Location- Macquarie University, Australia
- Postgraduate qualifications (PhD level or equivalent) in Physics, Engineering or a relevant discipline.
- Proven record of research in the theory of quantum information with potential applications in algorithms, as demonstrated by international reputation, research publications and presentations, external research grants, or other relevant indicators.
- Demonstrated ability to research both collaboratively and independently.
- High-level communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of quantum chemistry.
- Experience supervising postgraduate students.
Job/Position Description- Macquarie University’s department of Physics and Astronomy is currently seeking a suitably qualified Postdoctoral Research Fellow. The successful applicant will be involved in the research on the Google Quantum Algorithms Focused Award Project, “Optimizing circuits of quantum-enhanced population transfer.”
- Salary Package: From $90,188 to $96,655 p.a., plus 17% employer’s Superannuation
- Appointment Type: Full-time, fixed term (2 year)
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
How to Apply- To be considered for this position, please apply online by submitting your CV, the names and contact details of at least two references, and a separate cover letter that demonstrates how you meet the following selection criteria.
For Contact- Dominic Berry, Associate Professor via e-mail do[email protected]
Last Date for Apply– 28 February 2019 at 11:55pm EST