Postdoctoral research position – 2019 in Denmark, DTU
Technical University of Denmark – DTU invites application for Postdoctoral research position – 2019 from eligible and interested candidates
Designation/Position- Postdoctoral research position – 2019
About- DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. DTU offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. DTU strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility. Postdoctoral research position – 2019
DTU is a technical university providing internationally leading research, education, innovation and scientific advice. Our staff of 6,000 advance science and technology to create innovative solutions that meet the demands of society, and our 11,200 students are being educated to address the technological challenges of the future. DTU is an independent academic university collaborating globally with business, industry, government and public agencies.
The Danish Hydrocarbon Research and Technology Centre, Technical University of Denmark (DTU), invites applicants for a multisicipline postdoctoral position in the area of numerical modelling of biological proccesses in the subsurface.
Research/Job Area- Mechanical engineering or other relevant areas
Project Title – Integration of Scale, Corrosion and Reservoir Souring Mitigations
Location- Technical University of Denmark – DTU
- PhD degree in mechanical engineering or other relevant areas;
- Excellent Knowledge of the fundamentals of multiphase flow and transport in porous media and pipes;
- A good knowledge of geomicrobiology, applied mathematic and CFD is very valuable.
- Previous experience with devloping numerical codes for reactive transport models is highly advantageous.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment as an independent researcher;
- Good writing and communication skills in English;
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations.
The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.The period of employement is 2 years.
The candidate is expected to work with the team to perform innovative, fundamental, and applied research on:
- Field scale analysis of altered injection water composition and physical conditions on the microbial souring and scale in the wells
- Upscaling CFD and thermodynamic analyses for well models
- Impacts of biocide and nitrate injection on the well flow
- Combined effects of temperature, pressure and water compositions fluctuations on the well and reservoir performance
The project will involve work with DHRTC partners’ research teams and with the team in the fluid characterization and recovery processes groups at DHRTC.
How to Apply- Please submit your online application no later than 7 March 2019.
Applications must contain all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English. The file must include:
- Application letter stating your specific interest, motivation and qualifications for the project.
- Curriculum vitae
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
- Research statement and names and addresses of three references
- List of publications
For Contact- Further information may be obtained from Dr. Hamid Nick, [email protected]
You can read about the scientific basis for the centre’s activities here: www.oilgas.dtu.dk/english/Research
Last Date for Apply– 7 March 2019