Postdoctoral scholarship position in Sweden, Chalmers University
Designation/Position- Postdoctoral scholarship position in Sweden
Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden invites application for Postdoctoral scholarship position in Sweden from eligible and interested candidates
About- Chalmers University of Technology conducts research and education in engineering sciences, architecture, technology-related mathematical sciences, natural and nautical sciences, working in close collaboration with industry and society. The strategy for scientific excellence focuses on our eight Areas of Advance; Building Futures, Energy, Information & Communication Technology, Life Science, Materials Science, Nanoscience & Nanotechnology, Production and Transport. The aim is to make an active contribution to a sustainable future using the basic sciences as a foundation and innovation and entrepreneurship as the central driving forces. Chalmers has around 11,000 students and 3,000 employees. Postdoctoral scholarship position in Sweden
Research/Job Area- Physics or Chemistry
Location- Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
– PhD degree in Physics or Chemistry with focus on catalysis and/or chemical physics, the degree must not be older than two years.
– The PhD must have been obtained at a non-Swedish university.
– Experience with the liquid phase heterogeneous catalysis over metal nanoparticles.
– Excellent collaboration skills, excellent social skills and be a team player.
Experience with a model-system approach to catalysis research is a merit.
Experience with liquid phase catalytic oxidation of alcohols over metal catalysts is a merit.
Earlier Postdoc experience is a merit.
The position also requires excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.
Applicants who do not have English or a Scandinavian language as their mother tongue need to provide documentation of good communication skills in English, typically evidenced by an English language test, for example TOEFL 550 (paper-based)/TOEFL 213 (computer-based), and exemplified during the interview process prior to admission.
The focus of this postdoc scholarship position is the application of an in-house developed nanofluidic reactor platform together with a recently patented optical spectroscopy method to investigate structure-function correlations of single nobel metal catalyst nanoparticles during the catalytic oxidation of alcohols in a highly parallelized fashion.
• design experiments and nanoreactors together with the nanofabrication specialists that nanofabricate the nanoreactors for our team.
• discuss the use of tailored shape- and size selected colloidal nanocrystals with the colloidal synthesis team of the project.
• learn and implement the use of optical nanospectroscopy for the ananlysis of single particle catalyst activity.
• execute experiments to derive single particle structure – function correlations for the oxidaton of alcohols over noble metal model catalysts.
• evaluate and summarize your data and share them with our cross-diciplinary research team.
Full-time postdoctoral scholarship position.
The position is limited to one year with possibility for one-year extension, i.e. maximum of two years (1+1).
How to Apply-
The application should be marked with Ref 20190434 and written in English. The application should be sent electronically and be attached as pdf-files, as below:
CV:(Please name the document as: CV, Surname, Ref. number) including:
• CV, include complete list of publications
• Previous teaching and pedagogical experiences
• Two references that we can contact.
Personal letter:(Please name the document as: Personal letter, Family name, Ref. number)
1-3 pages where you:• Introduce yourself • Describe your previous research fields and main research results• Describe your future goals and future research focus
• Attested copies of completed education, grades and other certificates.
Last Date for Apply– 15 September, 2019