Research specialist Position in Saudi Arabia, King Abdullah University
Designation/Position- Research specialist Position in King Abdullah
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Saudi Arabia invites application for Research specialist Position from eligible and interested candidates
About- The role of the Research Scientist will be to design and synthesize novel materials for biological, biomedical and technical applications. This will also include to propose synthetic procedures. The applicant must demonstrate research excellence in the field of synthetic organic chemistry, know how to define problems and objectives, develop new approaches, analyze results, summarize the results in reports and manuscripts, and provide support and recommendations to the students and lab members to an exceptional standard. Research specialist Position
Research/Job Area- synthetic organic chemistry
Location- Biological and Environmental Science and Engineering Division, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Saudi Arabia
- Doctoral degree in synthetic organic chemistry
- As a senior scientist prior postdoctoral experience in synthetic organic chemistry is expected.
- Experience in peptide chemistry will be advantageous.
- Strong scientific writing skills are expected.
- A strong academic track record is required.
- Curiosity-driven, dedicated, and a team player showing integrity and work ethics.
Job/Position Description- The applicant must fully engage with the values of KAUST and engage in excellence-driven research. The position is meant for a self-motivated, curiosity-driven researcher who will make best use of the unparalleled research infrastructure and research possibilities to conduct experiments, supervise the chemistry-related lab set-up on its functionality and explore collaborations within and outside KAUST.
- Design and synthesis of novel materials for biological, biomedical and technical applications.
- Chemical functionalization/bio-functionalization of established materials to enhance the performance.
- Mentoring/overseeing/advising students in subject areas related to chemistry.
- Pursue research that is world-leading in terms of originality and significance.
- Carry out research and produce publications, patents and other research outputs, in line with the PI.
- Support the PI on grant proposals, third party collaborations and identifying funding sources
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the PI.
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidate can apply online.
Last Date for Apply– Open until filled