Designation/Position-Faculty Positions on Regular Basis
National Institute of Technology Sikkim, India invites application from faculty position on regular basis from eligible and interested candidates.
About- The present campus of NIT Sikkim at Ravangla, although temporary in nature, is also housed within a plethora of conveniences and an abundance of natural amenities. Just like the proposed Khamdong campus, it is located astern to the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Ravangla campus. The State Bank of India Ravangla branch, post office with speed post facility, and an army hospital are located within 2.5 kms from the institute campus. There is also a health centre situated in Ravangla.
Sixteen three-storied blocks, each with six 2-bedroom apartments, totalling to 96 apartments in the campus. These are utilized as boy’s hostels, girl’s hostels, faculty apartments and staff apartments. Each apartment has been furnished with cots, tables and chairs.
i. Department of Chemistry
ii. Department of Civil Engineering
iii. Department of Computer Science and Engineering
iv. Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
v. Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
vi. Department of Humanities and Social Sciences
vii. Department of Mathematics
viii. Department of Mechanical Engineering
ix. Department of Physics
Location- National Institute of Technology Sikkim, India
Eligibility/Qualification- For detailed eligibility criteria and required credit point of aforesaid posts please refer to Schedule E of NIT Statute (see page No. 13 to 16) and new recruitment rules for faculty positions available at http://www.nitsikkim.ac.in.
Note: Reservation for SC / ST / OBC / PWD is applicable as per GoI norms.
Job/Position Description- National Institute of Technology Sikkim invites applications in prescribed format from Indian Nationals possessing requisite qualifications and experience, with commitment to work, passion for teaching and research and an inclination towards Institutional development, for the regular positions of Assistant Professors Grade-I, Assistant Professors Grade-II, Associate Professors and Professors for appointment in following departments of the Institute.
1. Candidates should send their application form along with all supporting documents, duly self-attested.
2. All reserved category candidates shall be required to submit self-attested copies of the latest Caste certificate issued by competent authority, at the time of interview, if called for. Similarly, PWD candidates shall be required to submit proof of physical disability certificate of permanent nature from competent medical authority at the time of interview.
3. The prescribed qualification and experience are minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview.
4. No correspondence will be entertained with the candidates, who are not called for interview/selected for appointment.
5. The Institute reserves the right to cancel the recruitment without assigning any reason thereof.
6. Canvassing in any form will result in disqualification of candidature.
7. Legal disputes, if any, will be restricted within the jurisdiction of Sikkim Courts only.
Note: For the departments which are not having any vacancy, movement in higher AGP / cadre will be carried as per prescribed selection process but it will be restricted to only for serving regular faculty members of the respective departments of the Institute.
How to Apply- Interested candidates may fill the application form and send the signed hard copy of filled-in form with necessary testimonials.
1. Non-refundable application fees of INR 1,000.00 for General/OBC candidates and INR 500.00 for SC/ST/PWD candidates to be paid through Demand Draft in favour of “DIRECTOR, NIT SIKKIM” payable at Ravangla. Application fee is exempted for the internal regular faculty members applying for movement in higher cadres.
2. The filled in application form along with the relevant documents (self-attested) and Demand Draft should be sent to the following address “The Director, National Institute of Technology Sikkim, Ravangla, South Sikkim – 737139, Sikkim, India”.
3. Persons employed in Government / Semi-Government organizations should submit the application through proper channel. However, they may sent an advance copy and will have to submit the NOC at the time of interview.
4. NIT Sikkim will not be responsible for any postal delay. Last date of receiving the hard-copy applications is 15th October, 2018 up to 5:00 PM. Applications received after the due date will not be considered.
5. Candidates are encouraged to check the website regularly for updates, if any.
Last Date for Apply–15 October 2018