Designation/Position- Faculty – Assistant Professor
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala invites application for faculty- assistant professor position on various position.
About- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), India’s first Space University was
established under the Department of Space in September 2007. IIST is presently offering Four year
B.Tech Programmes in “Aerospace Engineering”, “Electronics and Communication Engineering
(Avionics)”, Five year Dual degree (B.Tech + Master of Science/ M.Tech), M.Tech, PhD and Post
Doctoral Fellowship (PDF) Programmes in specific areas of Space Science and Technology. IIST
provides a vibrant and stimulating environment for research in almost all areas of Aerospace
Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering (Avionics) and Basic Sciences. The
Institute is setting up state–of–the–art facilities including high performance computing facilities to
create the right research ambiance. IIST will also have research collaborations and scientific
exchanges with reputed national and international academic research organizations. The Institute
invites applications for the post of ASSISTANT PROFESSOR in following areas of specialization
Location- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
Research/Job Area- Avionics, Earth and Space Sciences and Physics
Earth and Space Sciences
- Candidates should posses the required qualification as on the last date of receipt of application. Only Indian Nationals (including those staying abroad) are eligible to apply.
- Emoluments as on date: Level 12 of the Pay Matrix.
- The gross emoluments in the minimum of pay band will at present be approximately 1,00,320/- p.m.
- In addition, House Rent Allowance [HRA], Transport Allowance at the prescribed rates in force will be paid for those who are not availing Departmental Housing and Transport facility, respectivel
- Age Limit as on 20.07.2018 : 40 years (Age relaxation applicable as per Government of India
orders) Career Growth: Merit Promotion Scheme after pre-defined residency period by virtue of individual excellence, without any reference to vacancies.
- The qualification prescribed is minimum requirements and do not automatically make
candidates eligible to be called for seminar/ interview.
- Institute reserves the right not to fill up all or any of the posts.
- Age relaxation upto maximum of five years will be awarded for serving academicians in
- Applications from candidates working in Government Departments and Public Sector
undertakings should be forwarded through proper channel. However an advance copy
may be submitted.
- Government strives to have a workforce who reflects gender balance and women
candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
- Applications received after the last date will not be considered under any circumstances.
How to Apply- The application in the prescribed format can be sent by post to: Senior Administrative Officer, Recruitment & Review Section, Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Valiamala PO, Nedumangad, Thiruvananthapuram – 695 547, Kerala with the superscription on the cover as “Application for the post of ____________Post No.____________”. The application in the prescribed format can also be sent through electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Date for Apply– 20 July 2018