Designation/Position-SUPERVISORY POSITIONS (TECHNICAL / NON-TECHNICAL)
Central Institute of Plastics Engineering & Technology (CIPET), Chennai invites application for SUPERVISORY position from eligible and interested candidates
About- Central Institute of Plastics Engineering & Technology (CIPET) was established in 1968 by Government of India with the assistance of United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) at Chennai. The main objective of setting up of the institute was to develop manpower in different disciplines of Plastics Engineering & Technology as no similar institute was in existence in the country. International Labour Organization (ILO) served as the executing agency. During the initial project period between 1968 and 1973, the institute achieved the targets envisaged and was rated as one of the most successful UNDP projects implemented worldwide. Today CIPET is a premier national institution under the aegis of the Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, Govt. of India fully devoted to Skill Development, Technology Support Services, Academic and Research (STAR). CIPET operates from various locations spread across the country catering to the needs of Polymer and allied industries.
Research/Job Area- Mech/ Chem/Polymer Technology or equivalent
Location- Central Institute of Plastics Engineering & Technology (CIPET), Chennai
Educational & other qualifications required for direct recruits & Experience
Full time first Class in B.E./ B. Tech in Mech/ Chem/Polymer Technology or equivalent with two years experience.
Full time first Class M.Sc. with specialization in Polymer Science with 3 years post qualification experience in relevant area.
At least 3 years experience in pay matrix level-06 in Central / State Govt./ PSU/ Autonomous Organization of Central/ State Government or equivalent scale in private organization.
Age limit for direct recruits
Upto 32 years. Relaxable in case of SC/ST/OBC and such other Category of Persons entitled for such age relaxation under the law / Central Govt. guidelines.
Candidates with outstanding credentials and proven abilities shall be eligible for age relaxation upto a maximum of 03 years subject to such recommendation from the Screening Committee and approval of the Competent Authority.
1) Candidates selected for posts in Pay Level 7 will initially be recruited as Trainee for a period of one year on consolidated salary of Rs.44,900/- before being put on 02 years probation and on successful completion of probation, the candidates may be regularized in their respective posts subject to performance, suitability to the post and requirement of the institute, etc.
2) Candidates selected for posts in Pay Level 10 and 11 will be on probation for a period of two years and on successful completion of probation, the candidates may be regularized in their respective posts subject to performance, suitability to the post and requirement of the institute, etc.
Candidates selected for posts in Pay Level 10 and 11 may be taken as a trainee on a consolidated salary equal to first cell of applicable VII CPC Pay Matrix Level in respect of the post against which the candidate is selected as a Trainee, based on merits, for a period of one / two years and after successful completion of the training period, the candidates may be taken on probation for a period of two years. On successful completion of probation, the candidates may be regularized in their respective posts subject to performance, suitability to the post and requirement of the institute, etc. As
a trainee, the candidate shall not be entitled for any allowance including Dearness Allowance (DA).
3) Reservation and relaxation for SC/ST/OBC(NCL)/Persons with disabilities is applicable as per Central Govt. Orders/Rules.
4) For the post of Asst. Technical Officer, preference will be given to Candidates with GATE score [Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering] in any of the relevant discipline/s (Mechanical / Chemical / Polymer Technology or equivalent).
5) During probation, in addition to Pay, the candidate will be eligible for DA, HRA, Transport, Washing Allowance,
Pay and Allowances
VII CPC Pay Matrix Level: 7 Basic Pay Rs.44,900/-
DA, HRA, Transport Allowance, Washing Allowance etc. as per CIPET Rules and Regulations
How to Apply-
1) Application should be submitted only in the prescribed format which can be downloaded from the website www.cipet.gov.in
2) The outer cover should be superscribed with the name of the post applied for.
3) Candidates called for Written Test with Skill/Practical Test for posts in Pay Level 7 from outstation will be reimbursed To & Fro Rail Sleeper class fare and candidates called for Written Test and/or Interview for posts in Pay Level 10 &11 from outstation will be reimbursed To & Fro Rail AC III Tier fare, by the shortest direct route from the place of
residence/working to the place of Written Test/Skill Test /Practical Test/ Interview etc. and back on production of tickets as per CIPET Rules. In case, if the candidate travels by Air / higher class of train, his fare reimbursement will be restricted to class as defined above.
4) Persons working under Central/State Govt./Public Sector Undertakings/Autonomous Bodies etc. should submit their application through proper channel or produce „NOC‟ from the Competent Authority of their Department / Organization at the time of Written Test with Skill / Practical Test or Written Test and/or Interview.
5) The crucial date for determining the age limit, experience and all related matters shall be the closing date for receipt of applications from candidates.
6) Incomplete/Unsigned applications, applications without requisite enclosures, applications not in CIPET Format, applications which are ineligible for certain recruitments, applications that are not properly marked/ superscribed on top of envelopes as instructed in the advertisement etc, are prima-facie liable to be rejected by the Institute.
7) The Institute reserves the right to screen and call only such candidates who are recommended by Screening Committee for being called for Written Test with Skill/Practical Test or Written Test and/or Interview, as applicable. Mere fulfilling of
the norms will not automatically entitle a candidate to be called for Written Test with Skill/Practical Test for post corresponding to VII CPC Pay Matrix Level 7 and Written Test and/or Interview for posts corresponding to VII CPC Pay Matrix Level(s) 10 and 11. Personal, Academic, Professional and all other details of candidates, basis for shortlisting, bench mark/report by the Screening Committee, all reports of the Selection Committee and each and every information in respect of the recruitment and selection process shall be maintained in strict confidentiality and will not be revealed to
8) No correspondence will be entertained from candidates regarding postal delays, conduct of Written Test with Skill/Practical Test or Written Test and/or Interview and reasons for non-selection. No correspondence shall be entertained from unsuccessful candidates. CIPET shall not be responsible for any loss of email/communication letter
sent, due to invalid/ wrong email id / wrong postal address / postal delays / loss in transit/ technical problem in email etc.
No communication/request in this regard will be entertained.
9) Capability to maintain effective working relationship in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment is a must.
10) Canvassing in any form and or bringing in any influence by political or otherwise will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.
11) LIST OF ENCLOSURES:
i. Date of birth / SSLC certificate for age proof
ii. Caste certificate for SC/ST/OBC (recent non-creamy layer certificate) from Competent Authority
iii. Certificate of disability in respect of Physically challenged.
iv. Relevant documents in case of Ex-servicemen
v. Bond details with the present employer, if any
vi. No Objection Certificate from the present employer (if serving with Central / State Govt. / PSU / Autonomous Body etc.)
vii. Copies of Educational certificates
viii. Experience certificates
ix. Any one Identity Card with photograph (E.g.Voter ID/Driving Licence/PAN Card/Ration Card etc.)
x. Last drawn pay slip
xi. GATE Score Card, if applicable.
It is mandatory to send self attested photocopies of each one of the documents enlisted above along with the application form. In the absence of the relevant documents, the application of the candidate will not be considered.
12) Sound knowledge of oral and written communications is essential.
13) Only those who meet the prescribed eligibility criteria need apply. If at any stage, it is found that the candidate does not meet the prescribed eligibility criteria, he / she will be disqualified. CIPET reserves the right to reject any application without assigning any reason.
Last Date for Apply– 15 November 2018