TWAS-USM Postdoctoral Fellowship 2019 Programme, Malaysia
Designation/Position- TWAS-USM Postdoctoral Fellowship 2019
Universiti Sains Malaysia invites application for TWAS-USM Postdoctoral Fellowship 2019 from eligible and interested candidates
About- For young scientists from developing countries (other than Malaysia) who wish to pursue advanced research in the natural sciences at the Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) in Penang, Malaysia. TWAS-USM Postdoctoral Fellowship 2019
02-Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
03-Biological Systems and Organisms
04-Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences
Location- Universiti Sains Malaysia
Eligibility/Qualification– Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- be nationals of a developing country (other than Malaysia);
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Malaysia or any developed country;
- hold a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences;
- apply for the fellowship within five years of having obtained a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences;
- be regularly employed in a developing country (other than Malaysia) and hold a research assignment there;
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family member.
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship.
- TWAS-USM Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in the departments, institutions and laboratories of the Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) for a minimum period of twelve (12) months to a maximum period of two (2) years and are awarded to young scientists from developing countries (other than Malaysia) to enable them to pursue advanced research in the natural sciences.
- USM will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation, food and health insurance.
- The award of the fellowship is subject to obtaining in due course a final offer letter of admission from USM. Upon receipt of the USM-TWAS award letter from TWAS, candidates will need to contact in due course the Institute of Postgraduate Studies (IPS) of USM to apply for the final offer letter. In case the application for the final offer letter of admission is not approved by USM, the award will become null and void.
- The language of instruction is English.
How to Apply-
- STARTING IN 2018 APPLICATIONS CAN ONLY BE SUBMITTED VIA THE ONLINE PORTAL- PLEASE USE THE “APPLY NOW” BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO START YOUR APPLICATION.
- Applicants can apply for preliminary acceptance letters from their chosen host institutes under the chosen fellowship programme well before the opening date of the call.
Preliminary acceptance letters dated 2018 or earlier will NOT be accepted as they must be dated the same year as the year of application.
TWAS Fellowships Office
ICTP Campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Phone: +39 040 2240-687
Fax: +39 040 2240-689
Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
Prof. Rozman Hj Din
Dean, Institute of Postgraduate Studies (IPS)
11800 Penang, Malaysia
Phone: +604 6532930
Fax: +60 4 6532931
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Date for Apply– 15 July 2019