Designation/Position-University of Alberta Doctoral Recruitment Scholarship
University of Alberta, Canada invites application for Doctoral Recruitment Scholarship for eligible and interested candidates
About- Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR) at the University of Alberta!
FGSR works with faculty, students and staff across the University to promote excellence in graduate education and enhance the quality of experience for over 7,600 graduate students in more than 500 graduate programs in 300 research areas.
Research/Job Area- Program offered by the department
Location- University of Alberta Doctoral, Canada
Eligibility/Qualification–The scholarship will be awarded to students who:
• Are Canadian citizens, permanent residents or international students
• Are admitted to a doctoral graduate degree program by the department or transferred from Master’s to a doctoral degree program
• Will be registered full-time in a doctoral degree program
• Have an admission GPA of at least 3.5
Departments might have additional selection criteria; please consult with the department into which you seek admission for more details.
Job/Position Description- The purpose of this scholarship is to recruit superior students at the doctoral level who have the potential to contribute to the University of Alberta’s community and research.
Scholarships will be offered in increments of $5,000. The department may decide how many increments of $5,000 to offer a student.
The award value varies and is indicated in your original letter of offer.
graduate departments are responsible for selecting nominees based on eligibility criteria and allocations. Departments may choose to nominate individuals based on a variety of criteria including academic record, letters of appraisal, statement of program, applicant’s research, potential contributions to research, and other technical experience.
1. Department nominates students to the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR)
2. FGSR verifies eligibility
3. FGSR approves award
4. FGSR notifies winners directly
How to Apply- Interested and eligible candidates can apply online.
For Contact- Contact the admitting department for additional information.
Last Date for Apply–Nomination deadlines are based on start dates and are as follows:
• For students with a January 1, 2019 start date, the deadline is November 1, 2018.
Note: Any changes to an original nomination must also be received by the above-specified dates.