Funded PhD – Renewable Energy: The University of the Highlands and Islands (UHI) is offering a funded PhD studentship on ‘Validating next-generation biophysical and metocean monitoring techniques for offshore renewable energy.’ The project, in collaboration with the University of Aberdeen and Sonardyne, aims to develop and validate marine sensing techniques for offshore renewable energy, specifically focusing on hydroacoustic and metocean monitoring. The deadline for applications is 12:00 BST on November 30, 2023.
|Designation||Funded PhD Student|
|Research Area||Next-Generation Biophysical and Metocean Monitoring Techniques for Offshore Renewable Energy|
|Location||University of the Highlands and Islands (UHI)|
|Eligibility/Qualification||Degree in Marine/Environmental Science, Engineering, Physics, Computer Science/Informatics, or related disciplines.|
|Job Description||See below|
|How to Apply||Email CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 BST on November 30, 2023.|
|Last Date for Apply||November 30, 2023|
Funded PhD – Validating Next-Generation Biophysical and Metocean Monitoring Techniques for Offshore Renewable Energy
- Develop and demonstrate next-generation marine sensing techniques for offshore renewable energy.
- Validate co-collection of backscatter and Doppler data from a single device.
- Work on an industry-led, multi-disciplinary collaboration involving engineering, sensor fusion, and environmental science.
- Use the ‘Origin’ series, a cutting-edge marine sensor technology, for ecological and oceanographic data collection.
- Conduct research around three publishable objectives (see detailed objectives in the provided text).
- Benefit from multidisciplinary training at ERI-UHI and industry exposure at Sonardyne.
- Degree in Marine or Environmental/Biological Science, Engineering, Physics, Computer Science/Informatics, or related disciplines.
- Quantitative background and programming experience preferred.
- Interest in marine applications and multi-disciplinary research.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a CV and cover letter outlining motivation and suitability for the project to email@example.com by 12:00 BST on 30 November 2023. Informal enquiries are welcome.