Designation/Position- International scholarship to study in Japan
Honjo International Scholarship Foundation invites application for International scholarship to study in Japan for eligible candidates
About- International scholarship to study in Japan open to foreign students who study or plan to study in Japanese graduate school for doctoral or master’s degree. Applications can be submitted from abroad as long as an applicant is accepted to Japanese graduate school. All nationalities and research fields are welcome. Applicants may directly apply to the foundation without pre-selection by the university.
Study level- PhD program
Location- Honjo International Scholarship Foundation, Japan
(To be eligible for applying our scholarship, the student must satisfy ALL of the requirement
criteria shown below.)
- The student who does not possess Japanese citizenship
- The student must be enrolled as of Fall 2021 or currently applying for the academic course starting from Fall 2021 at a graduate school in Japan. Those who are already enrolled and those who are not enrolled yet (including people who are currently employed with jobs at the time of applying for the program) are both eligible to apply for this scholarship if you are going to be enrolled in Fall 2021. Those who are going to enter graduate schools in Spring 2022 should apply for the 2022 program which starts accepting applications
from September 1 to October 30, 2021 (scheduled).
- In principle, the student enrolling in a professional graduate school is not eligible to apply. However, the student who can submit a research plan is eligible to apply.
- The enrollment duration until graduation must be longer than 12 months.
- To be eligible, the student applying for the PhD program must start the PhD course by the age of 35. Student applying for the master’s program must start the master course by the age of 30.
- The student must have a strong will to serve in his / her home country as a future career plan.
- The student must have a deep understanding of international friendship and goodwill, and must attend the events organized by the foundation and take part in the network as an alumni member.
- The student must be able to carry an everyday conversation in Japanese. Interviews will be conducted in Japanese. (no exception)
The scholarship will be provided every month throughout the minimum period required to acquire the degree. The amount of scholarship depends on the differs based on the period as below:
¥200,000 per month for 1 ~ 2 years degree
¥180,000 per month for 3 years degree
¥150,000 per month for 4 ~ 5 years degree
How to Apply-
- Confirm that you are eligible to apply.
- Enter “web application system”. Fill out the application form and upload the required documents.
- Once the documents are submitted, the application number will be issued, and PDF of your application form will be created. Please save the PDF file as you will need it when the result is announced on our website.
Last Date for Apply– 05 May 2021