Designation/Position- Mitacs Globalink Research Internship
Mitacs, Canada invites application for Mitacs Globalink Research Internship from eligible and interested candidates
About- Mitacs is a nonprofit national research organization that, in partnerships with Canadian academia, private industry and government, operates research and training programs in fields related to industrial and social innovation. Mitacs Globalink Research Internship
Mitacs is a national, not-for-profit organization that has designed and delivered research and training programs in Canada for 20 years. Working with 70 universities, 6,000 companies, and both federal and provincial governments, Mitacs build partnerships that support industrial and social innovation in Canada.
- Mitacs Globalink Research Internships are currently available at over 70 universities across Canada.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application.
- Top-ranked applicants participate in a 12-week research internship under the supervision of Canadian university faculty members in a variety of academic disciplines, from science, engineering, and mathematics to the humanities and social sciences.
- Alumni interested in returning to Canada for graduate studies are eligible for the Globalink Graduate Fellowship.
- For more information, please see list of academic partners.
- For further questions or inquiries, visit our Frequently Asked Questions tab or contact our firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The application must be in English or French.
Research/Job Area- Science, engineering, and mathematics to the humanities and social sciences
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time of application
- Be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or combined undergraduate/master’s program at an eligible institution (see list of eligible institutions by country)
- Have one to three semesters remaining in their program as of Fall 2022
- Meet the grade requirements for their country of study (see GPA requirements for each international partner)
- Apply to a minimum of three and a maximum of seven projects and ensure selections are from at least three different Canadian provinces
- Be fluent in the oral and written language of the project (English and/or French)
- Be available to complete an internship lasting 12 consecutive weeks between May 1 and October 31
Mitacs Globalink Research Internship is a competitive initiative for international undergraduates from the following countries and regions: Australia, Brazil, China, Colombia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Mexico, Taiwan, Tunisia, Ukraine, United Kingdom, and the United States.
From May to October of each year, top-ranked applicants participate in a 12-week research internship under the supervision of Canadian university faculty members in a variety of academic disciplines, from science, engineering, and mathematics to the humanities and social sciences.
Mitacs Globalink Research Internships are currently available at over 70 universities across Canada. For more information, please see list of academic partners.
Globalink Research Internship alumni interested in returning to Canada for graduate studies are eligible for the Globalink Graduate Fellowship.
Canada features excellent universities, outstanding research facilities, cutting-edge industry innovation, and unparalleled undergraduate training opportunities.
What a Mitacs Globalink Research Internship offers you:
- A 12-week internship that increases your knowledge of and explores hands-on research in your field of study
- Work under the supervision of outstanding faculty members, with graduate students and research associates
- Access to Canada’s unique research landscape: applied, dynamic, and innovative
- A rewarding experience combining academic research at a Canadian university, professional skills development courses and social activities
- A chance for you to explore your independence and gain international experience in a new country
- The opportunity to connect with potential graduate supervisors should you be interested in returning to Canada for graduate studies with a Mitacs Globalink Graduate Fellowship
For further questions or inquiries, visit our Frequently Asked Questions tab or contact email@example.com.
How to Apply-
Mitacs encourages you to start working on the following items before the call opens:
- Review all eligibility criteria: in addition to the general GRI requirements, there may be specific eligibility criteria for each country and international partner organization
- Confirm that your passport issued by your home country is valid until at least January 2023. (You are welcome to submit an application if you don’t currently have a valid passport. However, you will need to provide valid passport information if your application is approved).
- Obtain a reference letter from a professor. Please download the reference letter instructions. All reference letters must follow the instructions provided.
- Update your CV: You can submit your own CV or download the Mitacs template
- Obtain your academic transcripts (in either English or French). If your university or institution cannot provide transcripts in either language, you are responsible for getting them translated and notarized. Transcripts must be included in your application.
- English or French language proficiency tests may be required for some countries. Please check your country’s details for more information.
In the application, you will also be asked about:
- Your academic discipline, program, and other educational information
- Your research interests, skills, and achievements
- Your reasons for pursuing research in Canada
Last Date for Apply– 22 September 2021
The call for student applications for the summer of 2022 is now open!
The application deadline is Wednesday, September 22, 2021, at 1 p.m. Pacific Time (PT). Apply here!
|April to June 2021||Faculty application: Faculty submit research projects to Mitacs. Project proposals are due June 9, 2021 by 1 p.m. PT for 2022 Globalink Research Internships.|
|July to August 2021||Faculty application vetting: Projects are reviewed by Mitacs and decisions communicated to professors. All successful projects are made available to student applicants in an online database.|
|August to September 2021||Student application: International students submit applications and select research projects from the online database. Mitacs conducts an eligibility review of student applications in October.|
|November 2021 to January 2022||Matching: Mitacs provides professors with a shortlist of student candidates for their project. Professors are then asked to review student applications, conduct interviews and then rank the applicants in order of suitability. Mitacs collects student and professor rankings, then finalizes offers to students. Final results are announced in February.|
|February to April 2022||Pre-internship preparation: Successful students start working with their Canadian host professors to arrange pre-internship details (e.g., reading to be completed beforehand) while Mitacs oversees logistics and coordinates with university administrative offices.|
|May to October 2022||Internship: Globalink research interns arrive in Canada and work with supervising professors for 12 weeks on their research project.|