Ph.D. Scholarship for Bioinformatics: Join the Li Bioinformatics and Computational Genomics Lab at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center for an exceptional Ph.D. scholarship opportunity in genomic sequencing data analysis and pipeline development within the dynamic field of bioinformatics and genomics. This is your chance to contribute to cutting-edge research and make a significant impact on the field.
Designation: Ph.D. Research Scholar
Research Area: Bioinformatics and Genomics
Location: Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, Texas
- Proficiency in Linux command lines and High-Performance Computing (HPC)
- Expertise in genomic data analysis or related software development
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field
The Li Bioinformatics and Computational Genomics Lab is seeking outstanding Ph.D. students to join our research team. As a Ph.D. research scholar, you will:
- Conduct various genomic data analyses including genome, transcriptome, and methylome from FASTQ/BAM files
- Perform integrative multi-omics analyses, transposable element analyses, and other genomic/bioinformatics analyses or software development
- Compare and benchmark available tools, designing, developing, and implementing new bioinformatics pipelines
- Optimize pipelines and parameters specific to projects, ensuring quality assurance of all workflows and analyses
- Stay updated with relevant literature, incorporating findings into projects to ensure cutting-edge research
- Maintain accurate records of methods, software, and parameters used to ensure reproducibility
- Draft reports and manuscripts for publications, present findings in meetings and conferences
- Troubleshoot bugs, adhere to deadlines, and perform other job-related duties as assigned
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send their CV to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the position and updates, visit https://dllab.org/positions/PhD.pdf.
Last Date for Apply: Applications will be accepted until position filled. Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of groundbreaking research in the field of bioinformatics and genomics.
City of Lubbock: Experience the vibrant city of Lubbock with its population of 326,546. Ranked as the No. 1 place for new graduates, Lubbock offers a dynamic social environment with approximately 1 in 5 residents in their 20s. Enjoy low living costs, no State Income Taxes, and around 262 days of sunshine each year.
Join our lab and contribute to cutting-edge research that could shape the future of bioinformatics and genomics. Apply now and be a part of our transformative journey!