PhD Position (48 months) : The Chemistry department at the Université de Namur is offering a 48-month PhD position starting in November 2023. This position is part of the Reactivity, Catalysis and Organometallic (RCO) chemistry research group led by Prof. Berionni. The position is funded through the ERC consolidator project “B-yond” under the Horizon Europe programme. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to conduct research in the development of novel geometrically constrained Lewis acids, with a focus on new classes of boron Lewis acids and their coordination with nitrogen-containing molecules.
|PhD Position||Organic and Main-Group Chemistry||Université de Namur, Belgium|
- Education Level: Master’s Degree or equivalent in organic, organometallic, or coordination chemistry obtained less than one year ago (in 2022 or 2023).
- Skills/Qualifications: Excellent theoretical and practical knowledge in main-group and organometallic chemistry. Proficiency in preparative purification techniques, structural characterization of organic molecules (NMR, GC-MS, IR, UV-Vis), and good command of English (written and oral) are expected. Knowledge of French is a plus.
- Specific Requirements: Ability to work autonomously, motivated for fundamental research, and strong team spirit. Willingness to acquire expertise in organic and organometallic synthesis and handling highly reactive species (Schlenk-line and glove-box techniques). Proficiency in common software and databases (Word, Excel, ChemDraw, Scifinder, Reaxys). Initiative, responsibility, and organization skills.
Job Description: The selected candidate will be responsible for conducting research within the field of organic and main-group chemistry. The focus of the research will be on developing synthetic routes for geometrically constrained Lewis acids, specifically new classes of boron Lewis acids, and investigating their coordination with nitrogen-containing molecules.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit the following documents via email to Prof. Guillaume Berionni (guillaume.berionni [@]unamur.be) by October 1st, 2023:
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Summary of master research work / master thesis
- Contact information of three reference persons
Application Deadline: The application deadline is October 1st, 2023.
- The selected candidate will receive a monthly fellowship of approximately €1850 after tax.
- This is a 48-month PhD position, funded for four years (2-year contract renewable once).
- The recruitment procedure ensures compliance with gender balance and non-discrimination principles.
- The selection process includes an online presentation of master’s work followed by an interview in October 2023.
Work Location: The University of Namur, Namur, Belgium.
Where to Apply: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- City: Namur
- Website: Link to Website
- Street: Rue de Bruxelles, 61
- Postal Code: 5000
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Phone: 003281724537