PhD Scholarships in Computer Vision: The University of Melbourne (UoM) is the highest-ranked university in Australia, holding an impressive global ranking of 14th in the current QS World University Rankings. It is also recognized in the top 35 universities globally by Times Higher Education and ARWU rankings. Successful candidates for these scholarships will have the opportunity to pursue a PhD at the School of Computing and Information Systems (CIS), an institution renowned for its exceptional research environment in computer science. The available scholarships aim to attract top-quality candidates in the field of Computer Vision.
|University||The University of Melbourne (UoM)|
|Rankings||14th in QS World University Rankings|
|Top 35 globally in Times Higher Education and ARWU rankings|
|Study Area||Computer Vision|
|Scholarship Description||Funding for PhD studies at the School of Computing and Information Systems (CIS)|
|Eligibility||Candidates with outstanding academic records and a Master’s degree|
|Required Documents||2-page CV, degree transcripts, research publications, awards, deep learning experience, IELTS/TOEFL/PTE scores (if applicable)|
|How to Apply||Send CV and transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “CV scholarship enquiry UoM”|
|Last Date||Shortlisted candidates may receive replies|
Study Area: Computer Vision
Scholarship Description: These scholarships provide funding for Ph.D. studies at the School of Computing and Information Systems (CIS), University of Melbourne (UoM). The university is globally renowned, consistently ranking among the top universities worldwide. The scholarships are designed to attract top-quality candidates interested in pursuing research in Computer Vision.
Eligibility: Candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Must have completed a Master’s degree from a reputable institution.
- Should possess outstanding grades, equivalent to 3.9+/4.0, in both Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees.
- Should have taken units/courses related to computer vision/machine learning during previous studies.
- Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Strong programming skills and/or
- Publications in reputed computer vision conferences (e.g., CVPR, ICCV, ECCV) and/or
- Demonstrable experience with deep learning programming frameworks such as Pytorch, Tensorflow.
Candidates with professional experience in deep learning resulting in excellent programming skills in Pytorch, Tensorflow, CuDA, etc., and with a GPA of 3.5+/4.0 are encouraged to inquire.
Required Documents: Interested candidates should submit the following documents when inquiring:
- A 2-page CV detailing:
- Details of Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees (Grades, Years completed, University names)
- List of research publications (if any)
- Any national-level awards/prizes and other academic achievements
- Experience with deep learning programming frameworks
- IELTS/TOEFL/PTE scores (if valid test scores are available)
How to Apply: To inquire about the scholarships, send your 2-page CV and degree transcripts to email@example.com with the subject “CV scholarship enquiry UoM.”
Last Date: Note that, in case of a high volume of inquiries, only shortlisted candidates may receive replies.