PhD Student Position: Biochemistry: The University of Basel’s Division of Molecular and Systems Toxicology is inviting applications for a PhD student position in Biochemistry/Molecular Toxicology. The position involves investigating substances altering corticosteroid hormone action, contributing to a collaborative project financed by the Swiss Centre for Applied Human Toxicology.
PhD Student Position: Biochemistry/Molecular Toxicology
Designation: PhD Student
Research Area: Biochemistry/Molecular Toxicology
Location: University of Basel, Switzerland
Eligibility/Qualification: MSc in the field of Life Sciences, basic experience in biochemistry/molecular biology methods, and cell culture.
The successful candidate will be part of a collaborative effort with four other partners to study chemical-induced steroid perturbations. Key responsibilities include:
- Establishing and applying methods and cell-based assays to assess chemical-induced alterations in glucocorticoid pre-receptor enzyme activity and regulation.
- Generating promoter-reporter cell lines for HSD11B1 and HSD11B2 and conducting enzyme activity assays.
- Constructing stable cell lines expressing promoter-reporter constructs or glucocorticoid receptor (GR) reporter plasmids.
- Investigating compounds such as PFAS, phthalates, bisphenols, UV-filters, and parabens for direct inhibitory activity using established assays.
- Utilizing cell culture, transfection, gene expression analyses, molecular cloning, receptor function analyses, and enzyme activity measurements.
- MSc in the field of Life Sciences.
- Basic experience in biochemistry/molecular biology methods and cell culture.
- Fluent communication in English, both written and oral.
- Highly motivated, interactive team player.
We Offer You:
- PhD student position with a timeframe of 4 years to achieve the PhD.
- Training in key techniques.
- International research environment.
- Participation in the PhD program Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Integration into the Swiss Centre of Applied Human Toxicology network.
How to Apply:
Applications must include a full CV, a short motivation letter, copies of degrees and qualifications, and the names/contact data of at least two referees. General inquiries can be directed to Christiane.Kocher@unibas.ch. Please submit applications exclusively through our online application portal. Applications via email, postal services, or agencies will not be considered.
Last Date for Apply: Until position filled
Disclaimer: This job post is sourced from a reliable channel. Please verify details from the official University of Basel website for additional information and updates.