The Innovative Chemistry group of CATRIN at Palacký University Olomouc is seeking three Post-Doc researchers in the field of “Automated Miniaturized Chemistry” to work on innovative solutions for sustainable materials, drugs for unmet medical needs, and food security.
- Research Field: Chemistry – Synthetic chemistry – Engineering
- Designation: Post-Doctoral Researchers
- Number of Posts: 3
- Department/Facility: CATRIN – Innovative Chemistry
- Type of Contract: Fixed-term contracts
- Hours per Week: 40
- Location: Olomouc
- Offer Starting Date: After an agreement
- Eligibility/Qualification: PhD or equivalent in the field of synthetic, computational or medicinal chemistry or chemical engineering; experienced researcher of 4-10 years.
- Deadline for Application: 31.03.2023.
- Support the basic research efforts of novel MCRs, applications to the fields of material science, medicinal chemistry, or plant science and help to build the miniaturized, automated synthetic chemistry technology platform.
- Actively work with and mentor staff, including the review and interpretation of data and revision of experimental plans to achieve program goals.
- Summarize data for reports, patents, and presentations.
- Broad knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry is essential;
- PhD or equivalent in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering; good publication record, excellent oral and written English.
- High level of independence in performing experiments, analyzing data, and drawing conclusions regarding experimental progress and results of work.
- Good communication regarding experiment execution and analysis with supervisor and colleagues;
- Excellent time-management skills and manage experiments in several projects concurrently;
- DIY attitude;
- Excellent team working spirit.
Add-on experiences (not necessary required):
- Python programming;
- Knowledge in multicomponent reaction chemistry;
- Cancer, bacterial biochemistry;
- Assay development;
- RNA expression;
- Small molecule crystallography;
- Protein crystallography;
- Entrepreneurial spirit;
- Steady background of the top scientific university.
- 30 days for non-academic workers and researchers.
- Meal allowance and other benefits.
- Education and career growth possibilities.
- International mobility of all employees.
- A stimulating environment, attractive salary, and a unique opportunity to join a well-known research group to perform forefront science.
- Beyond performing science, there is an opportunity to translate inventions to innovations.
- Moreover, the position is suitable to further to a group leader position.
How to Apply: Submit an application including a curriculum vitae and a list of publications to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Arrange for a letter of recommendation to be sent directly to the same email addresses.
- Scan of Diploma.
Contact person: Klimparová Monika, Mgr., firstname.lastname@example.org, +420585634337.
Deadline for Application: 31.03.2023.