Postdoc Position at IIT Ropar -Last Date – 31 January 2020
Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Position (Physics) at IIT
Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar invites application for Postdoc Position at IIT Roparr from eligible and interested candidates
About- Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar is one of the eight new IITs set up by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, to expand the reach and enhance the quality of technical education in the country. This institute is committed to providing state-of-the-art technical education in a variety of fields and also for facilitating transmission of knowledge in keeping with the latest developments in pedagogy. Postdoc Position at IIT Ropar
Research/Job Area- Chemistry
Location- IIT Ropar
- The candidate must have an expertise in organic synthesis, including handling of air/moisture sensitive reactions and chemicals. Along with the sound knowledge in organic chemistry, candidates with the basic knowledge of Bioorganic Chemistry/Medicinal Chemistry will be given preference.
- He/She must be able to characterize the synthesized molecules using basic analytical techniques, such as NMR, SC-XRD, MS, etc.
- He/She must have published good quality research articles.
- He/She must be fluent in English (oral and written).
- Ph.D. degree holders are eligible to apply within five years after completion of their Ph.D.
- Candidates who have submitted the thesis are also eligible to apply. However, in case of selection, the selected candidate will have to complete the Ph.D. thesis defense (viva voce) within three months from the date of joining (extendable by another three months in special cases).
- Candidates, who completed their Ph.D. under the supervision/co-supervision of faculty members from IIT Ropar, can apply after 3 years of completion of their Ph.D.
- Self-motivated candidates are invited to apply for ONE (1) postdoctoral position under Dr. Avijit Goswami (PI) and Dr. Yashveer Singh (Co-PI), Department of Chemistry, IIT Ropar, Rupnagar, Punjab.
- The candidate will be working on a project on the “Development of novel boron delivery agents for Boron Neutron Capture Therapy (BNCT): application in cancer therapy”.
- The position is contractual (renewable up to three years based on satisfactory progress and relevant recommendations), and will be funded by the IIT Ropar under the institute postdoctoral fellowship program.
- Fellowship: As per the institute postdoctoral fellowship rules (Rs. 40,000/- before viva voce, Rs. 45,000/- to Rs. 55,000/- after completion of viva voce and depending upon the experience and qualification).
How to Apply-
Completely filled and signed application form (enclosed) along with the bio-data and two recommendation letters (one must be from PhD supervisor) must be sent to the undersigned by email. The form (word file) may be downloaded by double-clicking this word icon:
Last Date for Apply– 31 January 2020
Last date of submitting application form and recommendation (by email) is 31-01-2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified through email.