PostDoc Position in AI-based Drug Discovery: Join the Division of Computational Pharmacy at the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences as a Postdoctoral Researcher and contribute to cutting-edge drug discovery research. This position involves developing and applying advanced computational methodologies that integrate physicochemical knowledge into deep neural network algorithms for efficient protein-ligand conformational state sampling. The focus of the project will be on protein-ligand co-folding using innovative techniques.
Designation: Postdoctoral Researcher
Research Area: AI-based Drug Discovery, Computational Pharmacy
Location: Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Basel, Switzerland
- PhD in Physics, Physical/Computational Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Sciences
- Strong programming skills
- Experience in developing and applying deep neural network concepts
- Knowledge in generative models (e.g., diffusion models) is desirable
- Proficient in verbal and written English communication
- Highly motivated and collaborative team player
Job Description: As a Postdoctoral Researcher, your responsibilities will include:
- Extending ongoing research by developing novel algorithms for drug design that combine physics-based modeling with deep neural network concepts.
- Implementing and refining deep neural network models based on recent advancements in diffusion models and GFlowNets.
- Contributing to the efficient and accurate sampling of protein-ligand conformational states (protein-ligand co-folding).
- Collaborating within an international and collaborative research environment to advance the field of Computational Drug Design.
- Potentially supervising junior researchers and enhancing your academic profile.
We Offer You:
- A PostDoc position in a dynamic research environment
- Opportunity to work with and advance emerging technologies in Computational Drug Design
- Collaborative and international research atmosphere
- Potential for professional growth and academic profile enhancement
How to Apply: Interested candidates are requested to submit their application documents via the online recruiting platform. Please include the following:
- A letter (max. 1 page) highlighting your motivation, scientific experience, and skills
- CV (Curriculum Vitae)
- List of publications
- Brief summary (including citation) of 2-3 most relevant publications
- Diploma of your completed PhD degree (if applicable)
- Contact details of at least two academic references
Last Date for Apply: [Insert Application Deadline]
Starting Date: 1. December 2023
Learn More About Us: Explore more about the Division of Computational Pharmacy and our research initiatives at Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences – Computational Pharmacy
For Questions: For any inquiries, please reach out to:
Take this opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking research in AI-based Drug Discovery and Computational Pharmacy at the University of Basel.
University of Basel – Shaping the Future of Pharmaceutical Sciences.