Postdoc Position in Theoretical Aspects: A postdoc position in theoretical aspects of machine learning is available at the Department of Computer Science, Aarhus University, Denmark. The position is under the supervision of Professor Kasper Green Larsen. The research project focuses on developing and analyzing machine learning algorithms in terms of their generalization performance.
Designation: Postdoctoral Researcher
Research Area: Theoretical Aspects of Machine Learning
Location: Department of Computer Science, Aarhus University, Aabogade 34, DK8200 Aarhus, Denmark
- Candidates with expertise in theoretical computer science and/or machine learning are preferred.
- Strong theoretical background to carry out proofs independently or with minor guidance.
- Experience in machine learning and/or theoretical computer science.
- Publications in top venues such as ICML, NeurIPS, STOC, FOCS, SODA, or ICALP are appreciated.
Postdoc Position in Theoretical Aspects of Machine Learning
- Conduct theoretical research in machine learning, focusing on developing and analyzing machine learning algorithms in terms of their generalization performance.
- Collaborate with Professor Kasper Green Larsen, Ph.D. students, and postdocs in the group.
- Strong emphasis on carrying out proofs independently or with minor guidance.
- Opportunities for minor teaching activities, such as presenting at seminars and guiding Ph.D. students in joint projects.
Table: Job Details
|Type of Employment||Fixed-term full-time position|
|Contract Duration||August 1, 2023 – July 31, 2024|
|Expected Start Date||August 1, 2023 or earlier (negotiable)|
|Supervisor||Professor Kasper Green Larsen|
|Research Group||Algorithms, Data Structures and Foundations of Machine Learning|
|Work Location||Department of Computer Science, Aarhus University, Aabogade 34, DK8200 Aarhus, Denmark|
|Funding||DIREC – Digital Research Centre Denmark|
How to Apply: Interested candidates should apply online via the recruitment system of Aarhus University. The application should include:
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Complete list of publications
- Statement of future research plans and information about research activities
- Teaching portfolio and verified information on previous teaching experience (if any)
- At least two names of references for recommendations
Application Deadline: June 1st, 2023
For any inquiries regarding the position, please contact Professor Kasper Green Larsen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Aarhus University is committed to equality, diversity, and fostering an inclusive workplace. All applicants are welcome.
Please refer to Aarhus University’s website for the application procedure and further information about formalities, salary range, qualification requirements, and job content.
Research activities will be evaluated in relation to actual research time. Applicants are encouraged to specify periods of leave without research activities for accurate evaluation.
Aarhus University provides various services for international researchers and their families, including relocation assistance and career counseling.
For more information about working and living in Denmark, please visit the relevant resources.
The application must be submitted via Aarhus University’s recruitment system, accessible through the job advertisement on Aarhus University’s website.
Note: Shortlisting will be conducted, and all applicants will be notified whether their applications have been sent for evaluation by an expert assessment committee. Rejection letters will be sent to unsuccessful applicants at the end of the recruitment process.