Postdoc Position (m#f/d): Join the Evolution of Plant Signaling Lab at the Center for Plant Molecular Biology (ZMBP), University of Tubingen in Germany. We are offering a postdoc position for a duration of 3 years, available immediately with a flexible starting date, preferably by the end of 2023.
Designation: Postdoctoral Researcher
The project focuses on the regulation of receptor kinases in the green lineage within the context of plant immunity and development. We are utilizing phylogenetic analyses in available plant genomes along with functional studies (genetics, omics, pathoassays, biochemistry, etc.) in diverse model organisms, notably Marchantia polymorpha, to unravel the molecular evolution of distinct signaling pathways that regulate plant immunity and development in streptophytes.
Location: University of Tubingen, Germany
We are looking for a highly motivated, curiosity-driven candidate with:
- A Ph.D. in plant molecular biology.
- Experience in molecular biology and biochemistry.
- Previous experience working with Marchantia polymorpha and/or other plant model organisms or plant-microbe interactions is a plus.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English.
- Strong teamwork abilities.
As a postdoctoral researcher in the Evolution of Plant Signaling Lab, your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting research on the regulation of receptor kinases in plants.
- Performing phylogenetic analyses in available plant genomes.
- Conducting functional studies using genetics, omics, pathoassays, and biochemistry.
- Collaborating with a diverse team on molecular and evolutionary biology projects.
- Contributing to scientific publications and presentations.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send a single PDF file to Isabel Monte at email@example.com, comprising the following:
- A motivation letter describing your research interests.
- An up-to-date CV.
- Names of two references.
For further information, please contact Isabel Monte via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter: @isabel_MontaG.
Last Date for Apply: 31 October 2023
The University of Tubingen is committed to equal opportunities and diversity and particularly welcomes applications from qualified women. Equally qualified applicants with disabilities will be given preference.