Pasteur-Roux-Cantarini Postdoctoral Fellowships 2022 in France
Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Fellowships 2022 in France
Institut Pasteur, France invites application for Postdoctoral Fellowships 2022 in France from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Pasteur-Roux-Cantarini postdoctoral program supports two-year fellowships as part of the Emile Roux funds and Mrs. Paola Marchetti-Cantarini’s legacy in memory of her late husband Mr. Manlio Cantarini.
These fellowships are dedicated to postdoctoral researchers aiming to conduct research projects in Institut Pasteur (IP) research entities on the Paris campus. Postdoctoral Fellowships 2022 in France
- Pasteur-Roux-Cantarini Postdoctoral Fellowships 2022 in France
Research/Job Area- Research projects in Institut Pasteur (IP) research
Location- Institut Pasteur, France
- The Pasteur-Roux-Cantarini fellowships are only tenable in Institut Pasteur (IP) research entities in Paris.
- NEW ! FOR PROJECTS INVOLVING THE DEVELOPMENT OF A NEW TECHNOLOGY OR METHODOLOGY:
- → Only collaborative projects between a research laboratory and a platform/UTechS (technology platform or technology service unit) are eligible to apply.
- → These projects must be co-directed by a supervisor working in an IP host research laboratory and a supervisor working in an IP technological facility – platform/UTechS.
- → Only one application shall be presented under the same co-supervision (even if the Research & Technology proposed project is different)
- FOR ALL THE SUBMITTED PROJECTS:
- → The host IP research entity can only present one application per session.
- → Postdocs already present on the Paris Campus are eligible to apply to the Pasteur-Roux- Cantarini fellowship program.
- → Candidates of any nationality are eligible to apply.
- → Candidates must have completed their PhD degree (no later than six years prior the date of application, i.e. obtained their thesis after October 1st, 2016) or will do so prior to commencing fellowship (date scheduled for the thesis defense).
- -In case of woman postdoc candidate, her maternity leave will provide her with one year of derogation per child. For example, the eligibility period is extended to 7 years after the thesis defense in case of one pregnancy.
- -For any other specific request (including paternity leave, long-term illness, national/military service etc), please feel free to contact the PRC Team at email@example.com
- → Unsuccessful applicants to a previous Pasteur-Roux -Cantarini fellowship call are eligible to re-apply, subject to meeting the eligibility criteria for this current session. Applicants who wish to do so can inform in advance firstname.lastname@example.org to use the support letters from the previous session.
- → Successful fellows of the Pasteur-Roux-Cantarini program must start their work in the host IP entity at the latest on April 1st, 2023.
- → The proposed scientific program must be achievable within the two-year
- → After submission of the application and until the Final Selection, we thank the applicant and/or the PI of the host entities to inform email@example.com of any changes that may have an impact on the acceptance of the fellowship by the applicant.
- The Pasteur-Roux-Cantarini program does not consider spontaneous Before applying, the candidate must ensure he/she is accepted by a host research entity of IP in Paris (or co-accepted by the laboratory and the technological facility of IP in the case of a Research & Technology application) (https://research.pasteur.fr/en/).
- Applications from an IP research entity that currently benefits from an internal postdoctoral funding package (e.g. G5 or unit (including UtechS)) are not accepted.
- Pasteur-Roux-Cantarini fellowships cannot be used to complement other sources of funding. The duration of this fellowship may not be less than 18 months.
- Applications from former IP PhD students will not be considered, except if a first postdoctoral training has been performed in another research Institution.
- A Pasteur-Roux-Cantarini fellowship will not be awarded to the same host IP research entity (including Platform/UtechS) in two consecutive calls.
Funding is exclusively paid as a salary and covers health insurance and retirement ; the fellowship does not cover consumables or equipment.
The contract duration of the fellowship must be comprised between 18 to 24 months.
- Fellowships are for two years (the duration of this fellowship may not be less than 18 months).
- Funding is exclusively paid as a salary and covers health insurance and No funding for consumables or equipment.
- Application deadline: September 12, 2022 (1:00 PM – Paris time).
- Anticipated announcement of decisions: mid-November 2022.
- Starting date: funding should start at the latest on April 1st, 2023
- For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The reviewers will carry out the assessment according to the following evaluation criteria:
- Qualifications and achievements of the candidate
- The proposed scientific project including feasibility/risk balance, originality and novelty
- Match of candidate/project
- Impact of this fellowship on the candidate’s career
How to Apply-
- Application Form (STANDARD FORM or TECH FORM when appropriate) :
- should be sent before September 12, 2022 (1:00 PM) to the PRC Team at the following address: email@example.com. under a pdf format named as follows: Applicant’s SURNAME Name_ Lab Head’s pdf (example: SMITH John_Lab CARTER)
- The PRC Team will acknowledge the receipt of each submitted application
- Recommendation letters to be provided separately: Up to three reference letters sent directly from referees to firstname.lastname@example.org before September 12, 2022. Recommendation letters must be submitted on official institution letterhead and named as follow LOR_Applicant’s SURNAME Name_ Referee’s SURNAME.pdf (example: LOR_SMITH John_KENNEDY)