Postdoctoral Position in Computational Biology: Join the Environmental Microbiology group at ETH Zürich as a Postdoctoral researcher and lead metagenomics and computational biology efforts. This exciting position, led by Prof. Marie Schoelmerich, offers the opportunity to delve into the world of anaerobic microbiology and explore microorganisms that play a crucial role in capturing and converting greenhouse gases. Through metagenomics, you will contribute to deciphering the molecular elements and mechanisms driving these processes. This is a full-time position initially limited to one year, with potential for extension. Don’t miss the chance to be part of groundbreaking research that aims to illuminate environmental processes and inspire sustainable technologies.
|Research Area:||Computational Biology & Metagenomics|
|Location:||ETH Zürich, Department of Environmental Systems Sciences, Zurich, Switzerland|
|Type:||Fixed-term (Initial one-year contract with potential for extension)|
|Application Deadline:||September 30, 2023|
|Expected Start Date:||Autumn 2023|
Job Description: As a Postdoctoral researcher, you will:
- Identify extrachromosomal elements in metagenomic datasets and analyze them in silico.
- Establish a metagenomic and computational software infrastructure.
- Disseminate research findings through conference presentations and high-quality publications.
- Mentor and train graduate, master, and bachelor students in metagenomics and computational biology.
Your Profile: We are seeking candidates who possess:
- A Ph.D. in bioinformatics, microbiology, or a related discipline with proven training and experience in metagenomics.
- Proficiency in Python and Bash.
- Experience working in Linux environments.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Support for career development, including conference travel and workshops.
- An encouraging and collaborative research environment.
- Access to cutting-edge computational infrastructure.
- An exciting working environment, cultural diversity, and attractive benefits.
- A family-friendly employer with excellent working conditions, including flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are invited to apply online with the following documents:
- Cover letter
- CV, including a publication list
- Contact details of two references
Please note that only applications submitted through the online portal will be considered. Applications via email or postal services will not be accepted.
Contact: For inquiries about the position, please contact Prof. Marie Schoelmerich at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Join us in unraveling the mysteries of anaerobic microbiology and computational biology. Contribute to groundbreaking research, shape the future of environmental processes, and inspire sustainable technologies. Apply now to ETH Zürich, where we value diversity and promote an inclusive culture. Application deadline: September 30, 2023.