Postdoctoral Position in Controlled Environment : The Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering at the University of California, Davis is seeking applications for a postdoctoral position in Controlled Environment Agriculture (CA). The research will focus on energy-efficient design and optimization of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, techno-economic performance evaluation of renewable energy systems, and modeling of energy systems in controlled environment agricultural facilities. The position offers a two-year initial appointment, with a possible extension of a third year based on performance and funding availability. The selected candidate will work in the Controlled Environment Engineering (CEE) Lab under the supervision of Dr. Shamim Ahamed. The expected starting date is September 2023.
|Designation||Postdoctoral Position in Controlled Environment Engineering|
|Research Area||Controlled Environment Agriculture (CA)|
|Department||Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering|
|University||University of California, Davis|
|Duration||2 years (with possible extension to a third year)|
- Ph.D. in Agricultural Engineering, Biosystems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related engineering program.
- Strong programming skills in MATLAB and Python, with experience in energy and HVAC systems, modeling, and simulation.
- Excellent track record of publications in high-quality journals.
- Experience in designing and conducting field and lab-based experiments.
- Ability to write grants and high-quality scientific papers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to supervise undergraduate and graduate students and meet deadlines.
- Research experience in Controlled Environment Agriculture is preferred.
- Experience in machine learning-based modeling and optimization is preferred.
Job Description: The postdoctoral researcher will be responsible for conducting research in Controlled Environment Agriculture, specifically focusing on energy-efficient design and optimization of HVAC systems, performance evaluation of renewable energy systems, and modeling energy systems in controlled environment agricultural facilities. The candidate will work under the supervision of Dr. Shamim Ahamed in the CEE Lab at UC Davis. Responsibilities include conducting experiments, modeling and simulation, publishing research papers, writing grants, and supervising students. The initial appointment is for two years, with a possible extension to a third year based on performance and funding availability.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit the following documents in a single PDF file via email to Dr. Shamim Ahamed (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (most recent)
- Brief statement of research accomplishments and plans related to the job description (maximum three pages)
- Three references (contact information only)
Last Date for Apply: Until position filled