Postdoctoral position in Microbiology: The Cava lab at the Laboratory of Molecular Infection Medicine Sweden (MIMS) and the Department of Molecular Biology at Umea University is seeking a highly motivated and qualified Microbiologist for a post-doctoral position. Join us to research bacterial cell wall biology and genetics, and develop new ways to fight drug-resistant bacteria.
Designation: Post-Doctoral Researcher
Research Area: Molecular Biology or Microbiology
Location: Umea University, Sweden
- The candidate must hold a university degree in Molecular Biology or Microbiology equivalent to a European University PhD at the time of recruitment.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team.
- Good working knowledge of standard molecular biology, microbiology, and biochemistry techniques.
- Demonstrated expertise in high-throughput genetics (Tn-seq) methods is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in both oral and written communication in English.
Job Description: The selected candidate will be involved in the research program focused on investigating bacterial cell wall biogenesis, remodeling, and regulation. The main responsibilities include:
- Conducting research experiments and data analysis related to bacterial cell wall biology and genetics.
- Collaborating with team members and contributing to the overall research objectives of the lab.
- Keeping accurate records of experimental procedures and results.
- Presenting research findings at conferences and preparing scientific publications.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a complete application in English to Felipe Cava (felipecava@umuse), including the following documents:
- A cover letter summarizing qualifications and motives for applying.
- Curriculum vitae (CV) highlighting relevant academic and research experience.
- Names and contacts of three references.
Applications should be submitted electronically.
Last Date for Apply: Until position filled
For more information about the Cava lab and the research program, please visit:
- The Cava lab website
- Umea University Department of Molecular Biology
- MIMS – Laboratory of Molecular Infection Medicine Sweden
For further inquiries, please contact Dr. Felipe Cava: email@example.com