Postdoctoral Research Fellow in USA: The Barmada & Mosalaganti Labs at the University of Michigan are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral research fellow to join their team and establish in vitro models of ALS and FTD. The candidate will leverage these models to recapitulate and investigate disease-associated patterns of protein aggregation, uncovering basic mechanisms of disease and paving the way for new biomarkers.
Title: Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- Title: Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- Designation: Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- Research Area: Establishing faithful in vitro models of Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and Frontotemporal dementia (FTD) Location: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Job Description:
- How to Apply:
- Last Date for Apply: Not Mentioned
Designation: Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Research Area: Establishing faithful in vitro models of Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and Frontotemporal dementia (FTD) Location: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- PhD (or equivalent) in cell biology, genetics or related discipline
- 2 years of experience in light and confocal microscopy (imaging/data processing)
- 1 year of experience with primary cultures or stem cells
- Familiarity with computational biology and image-based analyses
- Familiarity with CRISPR/Cas9 and molecular biology/cloning
- Work as a team player
- Experience in structural biology
The postdoctoral fellow will have access to state-of-the-art equipment and microscopes located in the Department of Neurology and at the Life Sciences Institute.
The experimental responsibilities include:
- Culture, maintenance and differentiation of human induced pluripotent stem cells
- Primary cell isolation and culturing
- PCR and quantitative reverse transcriptase (qRT)-PCR
- Molecular cloning
- Genome editing (i.e., CRISPR/Cas9)
- Western blotting
- Fluorescence microscopy
- Quantitative data analysis of microscopy data
Non-experimental responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with students, postdoctoral fellows, and lab staff
- Overseeing the training of new lab members
- Attendance and presentation at lab meetings and journal clubs
- Writing papers and participating in discussions with both labs
How to Apply:
- A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- Queries regarding the project must be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- For more information on the Life Sciences Institute, Mosalaganti lab, Department of Neurology, and Barmada lab, please visit the following links: https://www.lsi.umich.edu/, https://www.lsi.umich.edu/science/our-labs/mosalaganti-lab, https://medicine.umich.edu/dept/neurology, https://www.barmadalab.com/
Last Date for Apply: Not Mentioned
Note: In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, The University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family and plan for a secure future. Benefits include comprehensive health insurance, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, long-term disability coverage, flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses, maternity and parental leave, and background screening.