Postdoctoral Scholar – Computational Biology: The Uzun Lab at the Penn State College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, is seeking a postdoctoral scholar in computational biology.
Candidates holding a Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics and Life Sciences PhDs with computational experience are also eligible for this position. Bioinformatics experience is preferred but not required. Ph.D. candidates who submitted their doctoral thesis and expect to graduate no later than 2023 Summer, can also apply.
The Uzun Laboratory at the Penn State College of Medicine is seeking a postdoctoral scholar in computational biology to work on data analysis, method development, scholarly activities and other related tasks. Designation: Postdoctoral Scholar Research Area: Computational Biology Location: Penn State College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Hershey, PA Time Type: Full-time, limited-term non-tenure line position Posted on: Posted 9 Days Ago Job Requisition ID: REQ_0000039061
- Candidates holding a PhD degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics (in hand at time of hire) or a related field are eligible to apply.
- Life sciences (Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, etc.) PhDs with computational experience are also eligible for this position.
- Bioinformatics experience is preferred but not required.
- International scholars and members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
- PhD candidates who submitted their doctoral thesis and expecting to graduate no later than 2023 Summer, can also apply.
Job Description: The postdoctoral scholar will be responsible for:
- Biomedical data analysis (40%): Statistical analysis of biomedical data by using existing methods and developing custom code scripts.
- Bioinformatics method development (40%): Developing Bioinformatics frameworks using computational and statistical approaches for the problems that are not addressed adequately in the Biomedical domain.
- Scholarly activities (10%): Generating academic outputs, such as presentations, grants, and manuscripts.
- Related tasks (10%): Other related tasks assigned by the principal investigator.
How to Apply: Candidates are required to submit their electronic applications via PSU Career Portal. The following documents are required for the application to be processed:
- Cover Letter (1 page)
- Reference List (1 page)
- CV (4 pages maximum)
- Statement of Purpose (3 pages maximum)
|Cover Letter||Must contain a brief description of background, career goals and how they are related to this position.|
|Reference List||Must contain information for at least 3 references.|
|CV||Must contain at least contact information, education, experience, publication list and skills.|
|Statement of Purpose||A detailed description of research and ed|
IMPORTANT NOTICE: In order for the applications to be processed, all 4 documents MUST be uploaded during the application. The applications with missing documents will be discarded and NOT be considered for the position.
Last Date for Apply: Open Until Position Filled
Note: Prior hands-on experience in R and Unix/Linux shell scripting is required with demonstration in past projects. Employment will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies. If you have any questions or issues with the application process, please contact the Principal Investigator directly: yuzun at pennstatehealth psu edu.