Designation/Position- Project Scientist-B
The Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM), Pune, India invites application for project scientist position from candidates having M.Sc. or equivalent in Atmospheric Science/Meteorology/Physics/Geophysics Or B.E./B. Tech in subjects Environmental /Civil or equivalent. Project Scientist-B
About- The Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM) is an autonomous research organization fully funded by Ministry of Earth Sciences, New Delhi. It is a premier Institute of national and international repute, devoted to research in various aspects of atmospheric sciences. The Institute has excellent infrastructural facilities such as high-performance computer, observational laboratories, modern library, workshop, etc. It has a strong link with various Universities and national and international scientific organizations. The scientific program “air pollution and human health in Indian mega cities (APHH)”, is established as part of bilateral cooperation between India and UK by Ministry of Earth Sciences in India. The project “Process analysis, observations and modeling –Integrated solutions for cleaner air for Delhi (PROMOTE)” is part of APHH. The PROMOTE project aims to reduce uncertainties in air quality prediction and forecasting for Delhi and make a value addition to the existing Indian metro air quality forecasting system SAFAR by undertaking process orientated observational and modelling analyses and then to derive sensitivity relationships linking air pollutant concentrations and emission controls. This new knowledge will be critical to formulate effective mitigation solutions for reducing air pollution over Delhi and surrounding regions. Project Scientist-B
It is proposed to recruit TWO posts of Project Scientist-B under the project PROMOTE
purely on short-term contract basis initially for a period of one year and extendable for a period of 3 years depending on Performance.
Location- The Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM), Pune, India
Research/Job Area- Atmospheric Science/Meteorology/Physics/Geophysics Or B.E./B. Tech in subjects Environmental /Civil or equivalent
M.Sc. or equivalent in Atmospheric Science/Meteorology/Physics/Geophysics Or B.E./B. Tech in subjects Environmental /Civil or equivalent from a recognized University/Institution with at least 60% marks.
- Sufficient research experience, preferably around 4 years, in Atmospheric Sciences or allied fields or Ph.D. degree in the field of atmospheric modelling. Working experience in main frame High Performance Computing Systems in porting regional high-resolution atmospheric chemical transport model and related software’s/applications.
- Experience in running the offline or online air quality forecasting models on mainframe computers like regional chemistry transport models (viz. WRF-Chem or CMAQ) and global models (viz. MOZART, etc), installation and troubleshooting of such models.
- Experience in programming languages (like FORTRAN), shell scripting and UNIX operating system and post processing of model output.
- Knowledge of data analysis tools (like GrADS, NCL, CDO etc.) and handling of large volume of data and conversant with data format like NetCDF.
Job/Position Description- The selected candidate has to work on online high resolution regional atmospheric chemistry transport model, development of methodology and parameterization to improve the air quality prediction skill.
Salary: Rs. 49,000/- + HRA
Upper Age Limit: Up to 35 years as on 01.07.2018
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible and need to apply.
- Only online applications will be accepted. Hard copy of the applications will not be accepted.
- Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC, 10 years for physically handicapped persons and as per rule for ex-servicemen.
- Mere possession of required qualification will not entitle the candidates to be called for interview.
- Candidates called for interview will be paid T.A./D.A. as per Govt. of India orders.
- Desirable qualifications and experience can be relaxed at the discretion of the Director in case of exceptionally good candidates.
- Experience shall mean the experience in the relevant field acquired from Government/Semi
/Autonomous/Research/Reputed Organization after obtaining the minimum educational qualification asked for in the said category. M. Tech. Degree will be counted as one year experience. Doctorate Degree will count as three years of experience.
- CGPA grading is to be converted into percentage.
- No interim enquiries/correspondence/communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate from being called for interview.
- Candidates must produce all original documents in proof of details furnished in the application and photocopy of each at the time of interview for verification. Any discrepancies found in the certificate will attract the disqualification of applications. Non production of the original certificates at the time of interview will also make the candidate disqualified.
- Selected candidate may have to join the post immediately on being found fit by Medical Authority.
How to Apply- Aspiring candidates may submit their applications with post code along with their CV online only: http://www.tropmet.res.in/Careers up to 06.08.2018.
Director, IITM reserves the right to fill-up or not to fill up the posts advertised without assigning any reasons thereof.
For Contact- Phone – 020-25904200, Fax 020-25865142
Last Date for Apply– 06 August 2018