Designation/Position- Faculty Positions
Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh, India has given rolling advertisement for the temporary engagement of faculty positions at the level of assistant professor on contract for three years.
About- Punjab Engineering College (Deemed to be University) (PEC) having its roots in Lahore as Mugalpura Engineering College since 1921, moved to its present campus in 1953 as PEC affiliated to Panjab University. The institute became Deemed University in 2003 through an MHRD notification and rechristened as PEC University of Technology in 2009. It is a Grant-in-Aid institution under the administration of Union Territory of Chandigarh, Government of India.
The admission to UG and PG programs are made through national level examinations namely JEE (Mains) and GATE respectively. There are 9 academic departments and 2 centers of excellence. The faculty of academic departments and centers are involved in cutting edge research and development works. The institute collaborates very closely with research organizations, industries, alumni, and other academic institutions both India and abroad, and has signed MoUs to pursue joint research in niche areas. The students graduating from this institute are placed in highly-reputed companies with handsome salary packages. With a history of about 95 years now, the institute has produced a number of alumni who have earned name and fame both for themselves and the institute.
Location-Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh, India
Research/Job Area-Engineering and Technology/ Sciences/ Management/ Humanities /Social Sciences
|Name of Post||SC||OBC||UR|
|Assistant Professor (Rolling)||04||07||17|
Total Post = 28
Ph.D. in the area of Engineering and Technology/ Sciences/ Management/ Humanities /Social Sciences in any of the core disciplines or interdisciplinary areas. The postdoctoral research experience is desirable.
- Applications are invited for the temporary engagement of faculty positions at the level of Assistant Professor from the candidates who have just completed/submitted their PhDs and/or having postdoctoral research experience from institutes of excellence such as IISc Bangalore, IITs, JNU, TIFR, and other similarly placed institutes and research organizations in the country and abroad.
- Candidates having PhDs and/or postdoctoral research experience from NITs, CFTIs, and other similarly placed institutions may also be considered.
- Nominations from renowned Professors/Heads of these institutions may also be considered.
- The search-cum-selection committee may also visit campuses of these institutes for recruitment.
- The engagement of faculty will be on contract basis for a maximum of three years.
Emoluments: Candidates shall be placed in 6th pay scale of Assistant Professor as per following details:
Non-PhD in Other Areas shall not be considered.
The selection process shall be open throughout the year. The institute will review the applications regularly to shortlist the candidates for the selection process. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a seminar presentation followed by a personal interview through email. The applicants from foreign institutions can take part in the selection process through video conferencing using Skype or any such platform.
How to Apply-
The duly filled in applications on the prescribed proforma along with the supporting documents/certificate, may be sent through emailed to email@example.com.
For Contact- Office of the Dean Faculty Affairs Punjab Engineering College (Deemed to be University) Chandigarh 160012 Tel: +91-172-275-3090 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.