Designation/Position- Research Associate Positions at BHU
Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India invites application for Research Associate Positions at BHU from eligible and interested candidates
About- Banaras Hindu University, formerly Central Hindu College, is a public central university located in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. It was established jointly in 1916 by the Maharaja of Darbhanga Rameshwar Singh, Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya, Sir Sunder Lal and British Theosophist and Home Rule League founder Annie Besant. Research Associate Positions at BHU
Research/Job Area- Botany. Zoology. or any branch of biological Sciences
- The candidate should have Ph.D. degree in Botany. Zoology. or any branch of biological Sciences with at least 60 % marks or equivalent in master’s degree.
- The candidate withNET/GATE qualification and prior experience in similar research work will be given preference.
- The upper age limit is 40 years (relaxable for 5 years for SC/ST/Physically Handicapped/Female candidates).
- The candidate will be preferred as per GOI rules.
- The desirable qualifications of the candidate are knowledge of Phytochemistry. extraction of plant materials. formulation of drugs. cell culture. toxicity study. handling of rodent models and writing the research reports.
Applications are invited for the post of Research Associate (RA) with a Fellowship amount of Rs47000~ pm + HRA as per Govt. of India rule in Project (M- 22/572) entitled “Clinical effect ofAyurvedic Formulation (Withania somnifera, Tinospora cordifolia, Moringa oleifera, Adhatodavasica. Pipper longum, Glveverhiza glabra, Ocimum sanctum and Curcuma longa) in COVID-19 patients™. sponsored by the Ministry of AYUSH. Govt. of India. sanctioned to Prof. K. N. Dwivedi (Principal Investigator), Department of Dravyaguna. Faculty of Ayurveda. Institute of medical sciences. Banaras Hindu University. Varanasi. India.
The post is temporary and co-terminus with the project.
How to Apply-
Applications on Plain paper are invited giving Name, permanent and correspondence address. names of father and mother. telephone no. the e-mail address and details of educational qualification (starting from High School or equivalent) along with attested copies of all mark sheets & certificates and details of a research paper published in SCI index journals (at least one) and other experience etc.
The application should reach within 21 days of the advertisement to the office ofPrincipal Investigator (Prof. K. N. Dwivedi). Department of Dravyaguna, Faculty of Ayurveda, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi- 221 005. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The candidate selected for the interview will be informed through email only. No TA/DA will be paid if called for an interview.