Research Associate (Postdoc) Position 2019 in University of Luxembourg
Designation/Position- Research Associate (Postdoc) Position
University of Luxembourg invites application for Research Associate (Postdoc) Position from eligible and interested candidates
About- The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University. The University of Luxembourg is seeking to hire a highly motivated and an outstanding researcher in the area of Applied Machine Learning (ML) for its Interdisciplinary Centre of Security and Trust (SnT), within the Signal Processing and Communications (SigCom) research group, led by Prof. Björn Ottersten and Dr. Symeon Chatzinotas. The University of Luxembourg is looking for its Interdisciplinary Centre of Security and Trust (SNT) for a Research Associate (Postdoc) in Applied Machine Learning (M/F). Research Associate (Postdoc) Position
Research/Job Area- Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Applied Mathematics
Location- University of Luxembourg
- A PhD degree in Machine/deep learning or closely related field in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Applied Mathematics.
- Expertise in one or more ML techniques including supervised, unsupervised, reinforcement, active learning, sparse dictionary learning and Bayesian learning.
- Strong knowledge of various deep learning techniques including recurrent Neural Networks (NNs), convolutional NNs and recursive NNs.
- Experience of working with one or more of the following ML and data analytics tools/frameworks: TensorFlow, MXNet, Caffe, PyTorch, Keras and GreyCat.
- Sound publication track record on various ML techniques, data analytics, data mining or optimization methods.
- Strong programming skills in Python, R or C++ and MATLAB.
- Prototyping experience with ML algorithms is highly desirable.
- Experience of working with industrial projects and European projects related to ML and data analytics is preferable.
- Highly committed, excellent team-worker, and strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Job/Position Description- The University offers an initial two-year employment contract, which may be extended up to five years. The University offers highly competitive salaries and is an equal opportunity employer.
The successful candidate is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Contributing to expand group’s fundamental research on Machine Learning (ML)
- Employing ML algorithms/tools for data analysis across various disciplines including wireless communications, radar systems and computer vision
- Coordinating research projects and preparing project deliverables
- Disseminating results through scientific publications and conferences
- Preparing new research proposals to attract industrial, national and European projects
- Providing assistance in the supervision of PhD students
How to Apply- Applications, written in English should be submitted online and include:
- Curriculum Vitae (including your contact address, work experience, publications)
- Cover letter indicating the research area of interest and your motivation
- A research statement (max 1 page)
- Contact information for 3 referees
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
For Contact- For further information about Research Associate (Postdoc) Position , please contact: Dr. Shree Krishna Sharma (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Last Date for Apply– 30 June 2019