Designation/Position- Research Engineer
Sandvik is looking for a Research Engineer, for an R&D Center in Pune. Candidate having PhD in Materials, Physics, Mechanical Engineering or any related field (or) Master degree with experience in computational thermodynamics can apply for this position.
About- Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering advanced products and services that enhance customers’ productivity, profitability and safety. Today Sandvik has approximately 43,000 employees with sales of approximately 82 billion Swedish kronor in more than 150 countries around the world. Our operations are based on unique expertise in materials technology and extensive insight into industrial and customer processes. Sandvik Materials Technology R&D centre in Pune is a research and development centre with a focus on computational methods and analytics for materials and process technologies.
Research/Job area– Materials, Physics, Mechanical Engineering or any related field
Location- Pune, India
Eligibility/Qualification- PhD in Materials, Physics, Mechanical Engineering or any related field (or) Master degree with experience in computational thermodynamics.
- Doctoral or Post-doctoral research work involving computational thermodynamics or minimum 3 years’ experience in computational thermodynamics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of first principle calculations and/or microstructure based materials modelling techniques is desirable.
- Ability to create examples, demonstrations and communicate to both technical & non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work independently and forward looking to collaborate closely with adjacent domains of expertis
Job/Position Description- The candidate will be part of a team of computational materials scientists focussed on materials and process development as well as microstructure-property correlations.
- Simulation and computational study of phase equilibria and phase transformations for multiphase, multicomponent industrial alloys.
- Develop methods and tools for computational design of materials microstructure and alloy development.
- Be aware of current literature, methods and tools on computational thermodynamics.
- Thorough documentation of R&D work carried out.
- Presentations to technical and non-technical audiences.
How to Apply- You may upload your updated profile in PeopleSoft through your ESS login, no later than April 26, 2018.
Please send your application by registering on our site www.sandvik.com/career and uploading your CV against JO No. 359789 before April 26, 2018.