Science Postdoctoral Fellowship: The Eric and Wendy Schmidt AI in Science Postdoctoral Fellowship, hosted by the National University of Singapore (NUS) in collaboration with Schmidt Futures, is inviting applications for the 2023-2024 intake. This prestigious fellowship program aims to advance scientific discoveries in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) by harnessing the power of innovative artificial intelligence (AI) technologies. It offers postdoctoral researchers the opportunity to integrate AI techniques into their research in natural sciences, engineering, and mathematical sciences. The fellowship provides access to AI tools and training, fostering scientific innovation.
Designation: Postdoctoral Fellow
Research Area: Integration of AI Techniques into Natural Sciences, Engineering, and Mathematical Sciences
Location: National University of Singapore (NUS)
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D. degree or its equivalent in non-computer science areas, obtained within the last 3 years.
- Strong academic records and demonstrated research potential.
- Applicants are required to submit an interdisciplinary research proposal that realistically applies AI techniques to engineering, natural sciences, or mathematical sciences.
- Each applicant must identify a potential project mentor from the NUS academic faculty who can offer academic and career guidance.
Eric and Wendy Schmidt AI in Science Postdoctoral Fellowship
The selected Postdoctoral Fellows will engage in cutting-edge research that integrates AI techniques into their respective fields, including natural sciences, engineering, and mathematical sciences. They will work closely with a project mentor from the NUS academic faculty to advance scientific discoveries using AI technologies. This fellowship offers a unique opportunity for interdisciplinary research and collaboration with experts in the field. Awardees will be expected to take AI modules, submit annual progress reports, and actively participate in conferences, workshops, and seminars to present their research findings.
How to Apply:
- The application process for the Eric and Wendy Schmidt AI in Science Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023-2024 is currently open.
- Interested candidates must establish contact with a potential project mentor, an NUS academic faculty member, and collaborate on the application package. Please inquire with the project mentor for internal deadlines.
- Each applicant is required to complete the application form (Download Template) and submit the following supporting documents:
- A 2-page research proposal (Section 7 (i) on the application form)
- Comprehensive CV (including a full publication list)
- Official Doctorate transcript or Degree Certificate in English
- Confirmation from the NUS faculty member who has agreed to be the applicant’s project mentor.
- Two reference letters (with one from the Ph.D. Supervisor)
- Three of the most relevant and outstanding publications (in PDF) and any additional supporting documents (scanned copies).
Last Date for Apply: Until position filled
- Application deadlines may vary, so it is advisable to check with the potential project mentor for internal deadlines.
Disclaimer: This job post is based on information from a reliable source. To verify details and access the official application process, please refer to the National University of Singapore’s official website and the provided contact information.