Designation/Position- Stars Grants 2021
University of Padua, Italy invites application for Doha Institute for Stars Grants 2021 for eligible and interested candidates
About- Through the call for proposals STARS Grants 2021, the University of Padua financially supports individual research projects, without any predetermined priority, for the duration of two years. Candidates may apply in one of the 27 scientific research areas corresponding to the three ERC research domains: PE – Physical Sciences and Engineering, LS – Life Sciences, SH – Social Sciences, and Humanities. Stars Grants 2021
Research Area – Research project related to hosting department at the University of Padua.
PE – Physical Sciences and Engineering, LS – Life Sciences, SH – Social Sciences and Humanities.
Location- University of Padua, Italy
The research team is looking for Principal Investigators (PIs) of any age and nationality who wish to carry out an innovative, ambitious, and feasible research project at a hosting department at the University of Padua.
The main goal of the Programme is to increase the participation of the University in international competitive calls, specifically the ERC ones: STARS GRANTS 2021 grantees are committed to submitting an ERC application indicating Padua as their host institution.
Scientific excellence will be the sole criterion to evaluate proposals.
Applicants must choose one of the following funding schemes:
- STARS Starting Grants (STARS-StG) for excellent PIs who are about to establish their own research team and/or to start their own independent research
- STARS Consolidator Grants (STARS-CoG) for excellent PIs, who are already conducting research at the University of Padua and are consolidating their own research team and/or their own independent research
- STARS Wild Card Grants (STARS-WiC) for PIs who submitted a project to the 2019 and 2020 ERC calls, indicated the University of Padua as their Host Institution, obtained a final score of “A” but were not funded due to budget limits.
How to Apply-
The STARS GRANTS 2021 is open form 11 January 2021 to 12 April 2021, 1 p.m. (Italian time zone)
Applications must be submitted via the PICA electronic submission system (registration required): http://pica.cineca.it/.
For information about the submission procedure and the proposal templates, please see the “Guide for applicants and proposal templates” attached to the call for proposals.
Last Date for Apply– 12 April 2021
- Stars: Call for application – Deadline: April 12, 2021Download
- Annex 1: Macro-areas and ERC scientific domains download
- Annex 2: Guide for ApplicantsDownload
- Template Part B1Download
- Template Part B2Download
- Letter of CommitmentDownload