Designation/Position- Young Scientist Training Program
The Asia Pacific Center for Theoretical Physics (APCTP), Pohang, Korea invites application for Young Scientist Training Program from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Asia Pacific Center for Theoretical Physics (APCTP) opens a few positions for the Young Scientist Training program at the postdoctoral fellow level in theoretical physics and related fields. The APCTP (https://www.apctp.org), founded in 1996, is a non-governmental organization aiming for an international center dedicated to excellence in research and the training of young scientists in the Asia-Pacific region. Young Scientist Training Program
Research/Job Area- Physics
|☐ Atomic/Molecular Physics, Optics|
|☐ Condensed Matter Physics|
|☐ Fluid/Plasma Physics|
|☐ Nuclear Physics|
|☐ Particle Physics/Quantum Field Theory|
|☐ Statistical Physics|
|☐ Interdisciplinary Physics:|
|☐ Other Field:|
Location- Pohang, Korea
Eligibility/Qualification & Job/Position Description-
- The aim of this position is to provide career development opportunities for young scientists who are at an early stage of their research career but with a proven record of research.
- All subject areas in theoretical physics are eligible.
- YST fellowships will be held at the APCTP, Pohang, Korea, where an ideal environment for research is provided for potential collaborations with in-house senior academics (Junior Research Groups), POSTECH faculty & members, visiting scholars from Korea and abroad, and participants of various scientific programs organized or supported by the APCTP.
- Please note that in order to apply for a work visa of Korea, an applicant should have an official doctoral degree (PhD or Dsc, etc.) certificate 3 months before the start of work.
- In order for a degree certificate to be considered official, it must be endorsed by the issuing institution/university with a seal.
- Any letters or documents supporting the certificate or certificate of expected graduation shall not be accepted.
- Funding is initially available for one year, renewable for a second year depending on the research performance and the availability of resources for the program.
- An annual gross salary is KRW 36,000,000 and in addition to the salary, research grant of KRW 5,000,000 per year is provided.
- The starting date is expected to be October 1, 2022, but negotiable.
SELECTION PROCESS AND TIMELINE
- Application submission deadline: ~January 21, 2022 (UTC +09:00)
- – Application submission deadline: ~June 14, 2022 (UTC +09:00)
- – Review by the Selection Committee: in late June (tbc)
- – Online interview in July (tbc)
- – Announcement of successful candidate: in late July (tbc)
How to Apply-
Click here or find an attached file to download the application form.
The following items should be submitted to the email address written below by June 14, 2022 (UTC +09:00):
- an application form (in PDF);
- a curriculum vitae;
- a short description of research accomplishments with a publication list;
- a statement of proposed work;
- two letters of recommendation (reference letter), arranged to be sent directly from your referees by the same deadline.
NOTE: Each document submitted for items 1 to 5 above must be in English, and documents 2 to 4 should be combined in a single PDF file, unsigned and not encrypted. Any late submission would not be accepted.